The first semester course in the KidCoder Web series. 4th—12th grade students will learn web design for kids and create their own web pages using HTML. Hands-on fun for all students, young or old! Couple with the Advanced Web Design Package for a complete year.
Topics Covered in Beginners Web Design
- Mark-up concepts
- Website layouts and files
- Backing up projects
- Essential HTML symbols
- Styling of text
- Using symbols and lists
- Internal and external hyperlinks
- Navigation bars and footers
- Simple CSS effects
- Spacing and positioning
- Graphics and image editing
Students don't need prior computer programming or HTML experience for this course. We build all necessary skills from the ground up. Students only need the computer usage experience listed in our Product Overview and an eagerness to learn!
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10)
- Mac OS 10.5.8 and above (on Intel-based CPUs)
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.