Tour world history from creation to the 20th century!
In this foundational overview of World History, students explore significant events and stories as they travel the globe on a yearlong adventure into the past. They'll encounter an amazing variety of peoples and cultures and gain an understanding of how the rise and fall of civilizations over time has helped to create the world we live in today.
- Get the very best of History / Bible / Literature B and C in one exciting year!
- Relax with complete lesson plans and materials for homeschool success.
- Adventure with Vikings, chariot racers, artists, missionaries, astronauts & more.
- Bond with your kids as you spark their love of learning.
- Purchase this package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48), a one-year guarantee and other perks.
Sonlight's complete Intro to World History program takes two full years. If you have the time to do all of Sonlight B and C, that's still our top recommendation. You'll enjoy many more favorite books, and you'll get a deeper, richer study of history.
But not everyone feels they can spend two years on World History. Perhaps you are new to Sonlight and would prefer to only wait a year until the joy of American History in Sonlight D and E.
If you would prefer to only spend a year, rather than do only the first half (Sonlight B) or the second half (Sonlight C) of World History, we recommend this one-year condensed program. Although, of course, we had to leave some things out, it's our best effort to slim down our two-year program to a single year.
Estimated daily time for Intro to World History, One Year Condensed including your other subjects: Student: 2-3 hrs | Parent: 1.5 -2 hrs
First time Sonlighting? Click here for a few required resources.
Overview of the History
History & Geography B+C will take you and your children on a broad sweep through world history from Creation through the 1900's in a single year. This second-grade history and geography program contains the best-of-the-best resources from our level B and C history programs and is sure to fuel a lifetime love for learning in your children.
This year you and your children will:
- Travel back to the mysterious times of the Jewish prophets and patriarchs.
- Journey thousands of miles on foot with the Crusaders to take back Jerusalem.
- Battle against ignorance, disease, famine and injustice to bring the gospel to people who have never heard the name of Jesus.
- Watch mighty knights as they fight for honor and glory in a joust.
- Fly with Orville and Wilber Wright in the first airplane to sustain flight.
- Witness the rise of great empires, ancient and modern: Egypt, Babylon, Greece, Rome, China, the United States and Russia.
- Learn 23 songs that teach the names and locations of the continents, oceans, planets, 225 countries, 50 states and more.
- And much more...
Along the way you’ll be using best-of-the-best literature and other engaging resources such as the Usborne Book of World History and Janet & Geoff Benge’s biographies of Christian heroes George Mueller and Gladys Aylward.
Overview of the Literature
Endless smiles and heartwarming memories await you and your children as you experience these incredible stories—together.
- Enjoy classical fairy tales and learn valuable life lessons in The Aesop for Children
- See a boy overcome incredible odds to pursue his dream of becoming a master painter.
- Travel on a hot-air balloon and land on an island where a volcano is about to explode!
- And so much more.
Your children will ask you to read these astonishing tales over and over again!
Every Sonlight History / Bible / Literature program includes Readers. The goal: help your students love to read by giving them fun, real books they can read successfully.
You'll begin in the earliest levels with phonics-based reading instruction. Reading lessons move your children through a natural progression of phonetic and spelling patterns. Your Language Arts IG includes spelling, grammar, and creative writing.
Customize your early elementary Sonlight History / Bible / Literature program by choosing the grade of Readers that matches your child's reading ability. Use the free Reading Assessment to select the appropriate Reader levels for your family.
Click here learn more about Readers.