The second-semester Java course teaches your students to use their Java knowledge and free Android Developers Tools for Eclipse to write their own mobile applications! The program uses a free software emulator, so no Android hardware or service is required.
Topics Covered in Java Programming
- Introduction to the Android Development Tools
- Understanding and editing XML files
- Creating and switching between screens
- Managing Android screen layouts
- Using graphical Android UI widgets
- Saving data to internal storage and SD cards
- Debugging using the emulator
- Displaying images and loading image resources
- Progress, date/time, and alert dialogs
- Menus and notifications
- SMS messaging and networking concepts
- Creating home app widets
- Using Location (GPS) services
- Publishing to the Android Market
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10) or Intel-based Mac OS 10.5.8 and above
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Internet access is required for this course. No Android hardware or service is required. All activities can be performed in a free software emulator running on the student's computer.
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.