Take advantage of a no-interest, no-fee payment plan with the purchase of $499 or any History / Bible / Literature or All-Subjects Package.
Payment Plan Calculator* Enter your estimated
Down Payment 3 Additional
* This calculator may be a few pennies off.
* This calculator may be a few pennies off.
If you qualify, Payment Plans allow you to spread the cost of your Sonlight materials over several months at no extra charge.
US & Canada only
|12-month||March 1, 2018||March 28, 2018|
|9-month*||March 29, 2018||April 30, 2018|
|6-month*||March 29, 2018||June 30, 2018|
* 6- and 9-month payment plans are available for All-Subjects Packages and orders of $799 or more year-round.
How to select a Payment Plan
1. At checkout, under Payment Method, select Credit / Debit Card.
2. Click the checkbox Yes, I want to use a Payment Plan.
3. Select your Payment Plan and follow the directions. Your credit card must be verified before you can go on to purchase.
Why choose a Payment Plan?
If you feel a squeeze on your bank account, Payment Plans can help loosen that grip. They help you get the best curriculum for your children and fit your budget. Payment plans can also help you take advantage of SonlightCares™. When you order a complete package up front (instead of buying it in pieces throughout the year), you get serious perks like free domestic shipping and a 10% discount on everything you buy all year.
You don't pay any more than you would if you paid everything up front. But you still get to celebrate a big Box Day and have all your curriculum ready to go from day one.
How does it work?
If your order qualifies, you may select a Payment Plan option at check out. You pay only 40% of the total cost of goods at the time of shipment. We then spread out the remaining balance over three additional automatic payments — either one payment a month (for the 3-month plan), one payment every other month (for the 6-month plan), or one payment every third month (for the 9-month plan).
Here is an example of how the plans work for an order of $800.
|Length of Plan in Months|
|1st Month's Payment|
|2nd Month's Payment|
|3rd Month's Payment|
|4th Month's Payment|
|5th Month's Payment|
|6th Month's Payment|
|7th Month's Payment|
|8th Month's Payment|
|9th Month's Payment|
After you pay the down payment and we ship your order, the remaining balance is split into 3 automatic payments:
- For the 3-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every month. The first charge comes approximately 30 days (no less than 30 and no more than 40 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 30 days thereafter. For example: If you order May 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of June, July, and August.
- For the 6-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every other month. After your down payment, your next charge comes approximately 60 days (no less than 60 and no more than 70 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 60 days thereafter. For example: If you order May 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of July, September and November.
- For the 9-month plan, your payment is charged to your credit card every third month. After your down payment, your next charge comes approximately 90 days (no less than 90 and no more than 100 days) from the shipment date, and then approximately every 90 days thereafter. For example: If you order April 1st, you'll pay the down payment then and automatically make payments at the beginning of July, October and December.
We keep you informed along the way, by email, so you'll know exactly what happens when.
As you continue your Sonlight adventure, consider using our Payment Plan option—a flexible way to purchase the Sonlight® products you really want and need!
“Many years ago, someone gifted me with History / Bible / Literature F and I fell in love with Sonlight. But it was not in our budget to continue. A few years back, you started the payment plan, and this is what made it possible for us.
This is our 16th year, and I own tons of other resources. But when we ordered level D, I was so hooked. WOW! Now I look forward to it every day. Oh, the stories! And how engrossed we become in them! I have mapped out the rest of the kids' years with Sonlight and am excited about what is yet to come. I am so thankful for Sonlight and for the payment options.”
Notes (a.k.a. "the fine print")
- Your order total must be $499 or more or include a History / Bible / Literature or All-Subjects Package.
- To Qualify:
- We will submit a Credit Check via Transunion on your account. (Please note: Submitting a credit check may cause your credit score to change just by virtue of the credit check. If you are unwilling for us to complete a credit check, do NOT complete the Payment Plan request.) To learn how an inquiry may or may not impact your credit score, please refer to www.myfico.com/crediteducation
- Qualification for a Payment Plan is dependent on successfully obtaining a credit score that meets or exceeds the credit threshold we have established. Your credit score is based on information about your credit experiences, such as your bill-paying history, the number and type of accounts you have, late payments, collection actions, outstanding debt, and other criteria. Please Note: In order to offer these terms, we cannot make exceptions for Payment Plans if credit scores we receive do not meet the credit threshold we have established. We regret we are unable to make exceptions and do understand that your circumstances may be unusual or difficult. However, in order to be consistent and ensure compliance with credit terms and conditions, we will make no exceptions.
- The 6- and 9-month payment plans are available for All-Subjects Packages or orders of $799 or more year-round. To qualify to receive the 6- and 9- month payment plans on orders of History / Bible / Literature Packages or orders over $499, orders must be placed before the posted expiration date.
- Payment Plans are offered for United States and Canada orders only.
- If your credit card declines on three separate installments during your Payment Plan, we will not be able to offer a new Payment Plan until 12 months after your final payment is received.
- Limit: one Payment Plan at a time per customer.
Q. How do I update my payment information?
A. You can update your payment information from you My Account page. Your Orders tab has a Payment column. Click the Update link.
Q. Can I pay off my Payment Plan early?
A. Yes. Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with that.