New in 2021!
Embark on an exciting adventure of learning in our brand new preschool program!
These beginning years lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning. Our no-pressure preschool program provides favorite children's book classics, plus engaging games, and hands-on Montessori-type materials and activities all designed to address the developmental needs of young children in a fun, relaxed, and interactive environment.
You'll ease into homeschooling, as you have the materials and guidance you need to gently build pre-reading, pre-math, pre-writing, listening, and motor skills. Your children will start to hear cadence and rhyme; they'll grow in their cultural literacy; they'll learn Bible stories and a story of God at work on the other side of the world. They will work with spatial relationships, build cognitive and motor skills, develop independence and self-confidence through practical life skills, and wade into rudimentary science.
All of this through picture books and Montessori-type materials and activities that your family will treasure and enjoy for years to come. Flexible and simple to teach, this program will provide the opportunity for your little one to hear great stories, spend quality time with you, and explore the world around them through great books, play, and tactile activities.
Here’s a look at what the Sonlight preschool program includes:
Teach like a pro! The Instructor's Guide schedules all the stories, poems, and hands-on activities included in this program to be done 3 days a week. This is your guide to complete lesson plans, materials, activities and teaching tips for this 30-week program. Just follow along!
In addition to the scheduled books and activities, you’ll also find developmentally appropriate, easy, creative hands-on activities connected with most of the stories, so you can extend your learning into daily life and play.
With the Sonlight Instructor's Guide, you can prepare a thoughtful learning environment for optimal exploration.
True to our homeschool educational philosophy, our preschool program includes the finest, most complete selection of classic children's literature and fairy tales available. With hundreds of stories, both fiction and true, along with nursery rhymes and fairy tales, picture books, plus a developmentally appropriate title that teaches your child Spanish (audio files included), you'll spark a love for learning through endless hours of quality family time reading and discussing books.
Children learn best by doing so we've selected tactile materials that are especially effective for reinforcing pre-writing, pre-reading, and pre-math skills. The new preschool program includes Montessori-type materials and activities that are hands-on, self-paced, and confidence-building.
With Sonlight’s preschool program, your children will:
- Build independence and self-confidence, while also reinforcing fine motor coordination through daily practical life skills. Some of these skills include cutting food with a safety knife, as well as pouring, sweeping, and washing their own dishes.
- Develop an understanding of the quantities and numerals from 1-10.
- Develop spatial reasoning and fine motor skills through hands-on play.
- Introduce how to write lowercase letters and their sounds.
- Build fine motor skills by tracing shapes and letters, using scissors, and sorting.
- Begin learning a foreign language. Read and hear Spanish words while looking at a book and then use those words during the day.
- Explore various styles of music: praise and worship, classic preschool songs, the phonetic alphabet song, and songs that make you move!
- Introduce science and social studies they can see by exploring a farm with animals, how food is digested, our five senses, how we grow, and what people do for work in the community.
- And so much more.
Your children's exciting journey of learning is about to begin!
Note: Your purchase includes digital access to audio files so you can listen to all of the words in My First Spanish Book, read with correct pronunciations. Click here to access these audio files with correct pronunciations.