Includes everything you need to move your preliterate student to the phonetic stage of spelling with 36 lessons of Listen and Write: Instructor's Handbook with introduction to the philosophy of Spelling You See and a Getting Started guide, and the Student Pack with the Student Workbook, Listen and Write Sticker Pack and Guide to Handwriting.
Listen and Write:
- Focuses on lowercase letter formation, consonants, and short vowels
- Moves the student from three-letter words to four-letter and eventually to five-letter words
- Includes the focus of each day’s worksheet at the top for easy reference
- Contains 36 lessons divided into five parts (A through E). Each part is a day’s lesson and should take no more than ten minutes a day
- Features letter boxes to help your child learn sound-to-letter correspondence, a skill needed for reading success
- Teaches correct pencil grip and letter formation
- Emphasizes the consistent, automatic formation of lowercase letters
While Listen and Write is not a handwriting course, efficient handwriting techniques allow students’ brains to handle these tasks effortlessly and concentrate on more important things, such as sound-to-letter correspondence. This level comes with a handwriting guide for your student.
Another fun feature of Listen and Write are the stickers that are included. Your student can find a sticker to match a word from the day’s lesson, or simply choose one as a reward for a job well done. The sticker page includes suggestions on how to use them with the lesson.
Is Your Child Ready for Level A -- Listen and Write? See the General Spelling Readiness Guidelines for more information on placing your student in the correct level.