With these 12 tales of wonder and adventure, you and your students will:
- Be riveted by the perils of ranching in Colorado in the early 1900's.
- Fall in love with classic children's poetry and period illustrations.
- Celebrate and mourn along with an incredible family of twelve in Cheaper by the Dozen
- And so much more!
So snuggle up with your children and discover these storytelling treats.
- The Witch of Blackbird PondA girl raised in luxury in the Caribbean struggles to adjust to Puritan New England.Retail: $8.99
- Johnny TremainA young apprentice silversmith is caught up in the Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution.Retail: $8.99
- Carry On, Mr. BowditchFascinating true story of the poor apprentice who, shortly after the American Revolution, transformed navigation from an art to a precise science.Retail: $8.99
- Walk the World's RimA 14-year old Indian joins Cabeza de Vaca's 16th-century expedition through the Southwest.Retail: $10.99
- Adoniram Judson: Bound for BurmaThe thrilling story of America's first foreign missionary, Adoniram Judson. In the face of incredible obstacles, Adoniram and his first wife Ann were the spark that spread the fire of the Gospel into...Retail: $11.99
- Across Five AprilsThe powerful story of a young man for whom the Civil War spans five Aprils.Retail: $7.99
- Caddie WoodlawnThe adventures of eleven-year-old Caddie growing up with her six brothers and sisters in the Wild West frontiers of Wisconsin in the late 1800s.Retail: $7.99
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My CryAward winner set in the post-Civil War South.Retail: $9.99
- Miracles on Maple HillA heartwarming Newbery Medal winner. Dad has returned from World War II a changed man: withdrawn, touchy, unable to work. The family moves back to the family farm where dad gets the healing he needs.Retail: $7.99
- Little BritchesRalph is barely 8 years old when his family moves to Colorado for the sake of Dad's health, and the family tries to make a go of it on the ranch. Classic true story of ranching in Colorado in the early...Retail: $16.95
- How to Eat a PoemSeventy charming poems cover a wide range of subjects: poetry, books, words, and imagination; the beauty of the natural world; travel, adventure, sports, and play; love, friendship, sadness, hope, and...Retail: $4.00
- In the Year of the Boar and Jackie RobinsonIn 1947, a Chinese girl comes to Brooklyn, where she starts to feel at home and to make friends.Retail: $6.99