Level F: 5-Day Reader Collection
Five books to treasure. Journey to China, India, Kenya, Mozambique. Hear fables, such as how the camel got its hump. Learn about the tensions during the Partition of India, about oral story-telling, about the challenges of cross-cultural living.
- Just So StoriesOne of the best-loved children's books of all time. "Answers" such questions as how the camel got its hump and the elephant his trunk.Retail: $7.99
- A Girl Named DisasterFarmer. Newbery Honor. After running away to escape an unwanted marriage, Nhamo must find her inner courage to ensure her survival of the dangerous adventure ahead.Retail: $7.99
- Mission to CathayA fictional story of Matteo Ricci, the first Roman Catholic ambassador to enter China.Retail: $11.99
- Listening for LionsBritish East Africa (today's Kenya) is the only home Rachel Sheridan has ever known. But when influenza strikes down her missionary parents in 1919, she is left vulnerable prey to her family's wicked...Retail: $7.99
- A Beautiful LieHow can a lie be beautiful? Set in India during Partition (when Pakistan became a separate nation), 13-year-old Bilal is dealing with the impending death of his father. He wants his father to die in peace,...Retail: $11.99