With Horizons Math 2, your students will use different number sets to:
- Count to 100
- Count by 1's from 100-999
- Learn multiplication facts 1-10
- Find temperature in Fahrenheit
- Use coins and dollar bills in money calculations
- Recognize and find area, perimeter, and volume
is designed to help your children understand math from the ground up.
Includes Teacher's Handbook and Student Workbooks 1 and 2. For each additional student, you will need extra consumables.
Using a spiral learning technique, children are first introduced to a concept and then asked to solve related and increasingly difficult problems over the course of several days or weeks. The concept then re-emerges in later exercises for a new concept. This frees up the children's minds and does not overwhelm them with too much information. They feel confident because they get to take steady, measured steps, and as they revisit concepts over time, they continually strengthen and reinforce their existing knowledge base.
Each year's program consists of three pieces:
- Two colorful, well-organized workbooks each with 80 lessons and 8 unit exams
- Teacher's Handbook with daily lesson plans, answer keys, and final exams
- 80 reproducible worksheets
Not sure if your child is ready? Have him or her take the Horizons Math Readiness Evaluation