5th Grade Curriculum
Complete 5th grade homeschool curriculum in one quick order.
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Take up to one year to use your curriculum. If you don’t love it, return it! Complete details here.
NOTE: If you used Sonlight's 4th Grade All-Subjects Package last year, choose the 5th Grade All-Subjects Package with History E instead of this package. This 5th Grade All-Subjects Package is designed to be a one year, condensed study of American History.
Complete 5th grade homeschool curriculum in one quick order.
Get our best recommendations for your fifth grader with this All-Subjects Package. With an All-Subjects Package, you’ll get your entire curriculum for the year, including:
- Daily lesson plans, notes & teaching tips for the entire year.
- A History / Bible / Literature program that integrates History, Geography, Bible, Readers and Read-Alouds.
- Language Arts, Science and Math.
- Our biggest discount (save 20% off retail!)
- Free shipping (lower 48), a one-year, money-back guarantee and other perks.
Teach with confidence–right from the start!
Whether you are new to homeschooling or new to Sonlight, this package will equip you to teach one child (ages 10-13) for an entire year while you prepare him or her for a lifetime of spiritual and academic success. To use this program with multiple children, simply add extra copies of the few consumable items and purchase each additional student their own skill-based programs (i.e. Math, Spelling) as needed.
It's flexible–to fit your family's needs.
All of the planning is done for you. Relax knowing you don't have to be an expert to give your child an excellent education. Simply follow our step-by-step Instructor's Guide.
Included in this package:
- Instructor’s Guides
- History & Geography
- Language Arts
- Spelling & Vocabulary
Here’s an in depth look at what you’ll receive:
The Instructor's Guides include complete, 36-week lesson plans and notes that integrate your children's various subjects into an exciting, unified learning experience. The Instructor's Guides weave your books and materials together into a cohesive full-year curriculum—it's your roadmap for the entire school year!
History, Geography, Bible reading and memorization
Experience the dramatic story of American History from before Columbus to the present day. Embrace the innovative spirit that has characterized American history. American history comes to life as your children meet heroes who blazed new trails, overcame the ravages of war and risked their lives to be the first to fly.
Help children build a firm spiritual foundation as you share daily scripture reading and scripture memorization with the included Sing the Word! CD+digital. Watch their personal journey with the Lord flourish as they develop their own devotional habits. And with Natasha Crain's practical, easy-to-understand guide, Talking With Your Kids About God, you'll be equipped to have conversations with your kids about God given the increasingly atheistic culture in which they’re growing up.
Includes Sonlight's History / Bible / Literature D+E, Intro to American History, One Year Condensed. Click here for the HBL E option if you used 4th Grade with HBL D last year.)
Sonlight offers two types of literature: Read-Alouds for parents to share with their children, and Readers for children to read on their own. The Read-Alouds offer more sophisticated story lines and rich discussion points, and the Readers offer age-appropriate reading tied directly into the history content of the program.
This year, students learn to vary sentence length, use active voice, create authentic dialog and more. Dictation exercises provide an opportunity to recognize and imitate writing that shines. Creative expression activities such as mind mapping and letter writing keep them engaged.
All of your Fifth Grade Language Arts assignments are laid out in our Language Arts Instructor's Guide. Each lesson is scripted and includes rubrics (a simple scale so you can easily see where your child is falling on each assignment) in an easy to use format. If you've ever felt intimidated by teaching writing, fear no longer. Mechanics are explained in simple terms, and you can see realistic examples of the type of writing your children should be doing.
Includes Language Arts D+E.
Spelling & Vocabulary
We include Spelling You See E: American Spirit as the default spelling for your children's fifth grade year. The Instructor's Handbook contains an introduction to the philosophy behind Spelling You See and the five development stages of spelling. There are 36 lessons and with the Teacher's Guide you will be able to work through the lessons with instruction on guided reading, chunking, copywork, and dictation to improve spelling. We do offer additional spelling resources as desired.
The included Science E nurtures children's natural curiosity and provides daily opportunities to explore the world around them. They will use real scientific skills and practices as they explore water, our galaxy, ecology and the flow of energy in an ecosystem, and more. Science E includes a comprehensive introduction to engineering and other STEM topics. Rachel Carson is the highlighted scientist.
Sonlight's science programs have weekly experiments that tie directly to the week's reading material for a linear progression from reading to doing. The supplies you'll need are provided.
Includes Science E: Physical Science, Energy in Ecosystems, Earth and Space, and Engineering Design, 5-Day.
Sonlight includes Math-U-See Epsilon, Level Up Set in the 5th Grade All-Subjects Package. Building on the foundation of basic operations with whole numbers your children have learned, Epsilon covers these same operations with fractions. Fractions are presented in an intuitive way with visual explanations of equivalent fractions, common denominators, and fractions and numbers larger than 1. Fractions and operations are illustrated using Math-U-See's proprietary Fraction Overlay manipulatives.
A few essential resources make your learning extra rich this year. The All-Subjects package includes a 3” Binder with Tabs to organize your Instructor’s Guides. We recommend adding The Timeline Book, and Markable Map and Markers if you don’t already own them. (The Timeline Book and Markable Map only need to be purchased once. You'll be using them each year).
An Extended Money-Back Guarantee
We're so confident that you and your children will love to learn with this package of books for 5th grade, we give you a guarantee unmatched anywhere else in the homeschool world. Take up to a year to use the first half of this package. Read the books, write in the schedule ... even dog-ear the book pages if you want! If you don't completely love it, return it for a full refund of your purchase price. Get full details about the Love to Learn, Love to Teach™ Guarantee here.
The OPTIONAL American History I Lap Book or American History II Lap Book can be added to this package. The Lap Books are not scheduled in the Instructor's Guide for D+E.
*Daily Time Requirements (including your other subjects.)
Child: 3.5 – 4.5 hrs; Parent: 2 - 3 hrs
Breathe easy with this program you're guaranteed to love.
- If you'd prefer, you can build your own customized 5th Grade package using our SmoothCourse™ curriculum builder tool.
- A Sonlight Homeschool Advisor can help you add resources to use this Sonlight 5th Grade All-Subjects Package with more than one child or answer any questions you have.
- History / Bible / Literature D+E Instructor's GuideTeach with confidence. This Instructor's Guide shows you how!Includes the following resources for teaching all History / Bible / Literature D+E Condensed subjects*: full Schedule; Teaching Helps; Geography...Retail: $138.00
- Language Arts D+ELanguage Arts D+E is linked to History / Bible / Literature D+E Covers key skills of the D and E programs. Students are exposed to compound sentences, parts of speech, verb tenses and more. Research reports,...Retail: $59.00
- Science E Instructor's Guide - 5 DayWhen you order Sonlight Science E: Physical Science, Energy in Ecosystems, Earth and Space, and Engineering Design, your young scientists will embark on a quest. Learn the basics of these disciplines...Retail: $59.00
- American Indian Prayer GuideRooted in Scripture, the updated American Indian Prayer Guide features 36 weeks' worth of daily prayer for the indigenous peoples of North, South, and Central America.Retail: $14.00
- Talking With Your Kids About GodDo you feel overwhelmed or uncertain about how to share your Christian faith with your children? Natasha Crain's practical, easy-to-understand guide equips you to have 30 must-have conversations with...Retail: $16.99
- Starting StrongConsumable. The perfect tool for teaching preteens how to study the Bible on their own. Includes stories, stickers, questions and activities.Retail: $16.00
- Sing the Word: The Heavens Declare CD12 songs based on verses from both the New and Old Testaments. In Bible package only for Levels 4 and D+E.Retail: $15.95
- Timeline Figures D+EOver 90 Timeline Figures for Sonlight D+E on self-adhesive heavy card stock. Just cut them out, color and stick them in your Timeline Book.Retail: $18.00
- Pedro's JournalA fictional account of Christopher Columbus' first voyage.Retail: $6.99
- The Landmark History of the American People, Volume IA fascinating introduction to American culture as it has shaped and been shaped by events from the Pilgrims to the mid-1800s. Written by the former Librarian of Congress. NEW full-color edition, completely...Retail: $28.00
- American History: A Visual EncyclopediaA groundbreaking guide to American history, this reference book explains events, moments, trends, patterns and people in concise articles designed to appeal to children ages 8 and up. Features more than...Retail: $19.99
- In Search of the SourceA translator struggles to help a tribal people understand what the Bible says.Retail: $13.95
- The Landmark History of the American People, Volume IIA fascinating introduction to American culture as it has shaped and been shaped by events from the Civil War to the late 20th century. Written by the former Librarian of Congress. NEW full-color edition,...Retail: $28.00
- Songs About AmericaCelebrate America's history with 21 songs spanning over 200 years of memorable times in America's history.Retail: $16.00
- Hero Over HereTheodore learns that heroism requires more--and less--than he imagined in this story set during the deadly flu epidemic at the end of World War I. Moving.Retail: $7.00
- Math-U-See Epsilon Instruction Manual/DVDThe Epsilon Instruction Pack contains the Instruction Manual with lesson-by-lesson instructions and full solutions, and the DVD with lesson-by-lesson video instruction.Retail: $63.00
- Math-U-See Epsilon Student Workbook/TestsThe Epsilon Student Pack contains the Student Workbook with lesson-by-lesson worksheets, systematic review pages, and Application & Enrichment pages as well as Epsilon Tests.Retail: $48.00
- Math-U-See Fraction Overlay KitUsed when teaching fractions in Epsilon, this updated Kit includes more unit pieces to make it easier for students to build mixed-number problems. The new fold-shut case has tabbed flaps and clearly-marked...Retail: $54.00
- The Sign of the BeaverA white boy in the Maine wilderness is rescued by an Indian chief.Retail: $8.99
- The Witch of Blackbird PondA girl raised in luxury in the Caribbean struggles to adjust to Puritan New England.Retail: $8.99
- Johnny TremainA young apprentice silversmith is caught up in the Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution.Retail: $8.99
- Toliver's SecretTen-year old Ellen Toliver must conquer her timidity to take a secret message through enemy lines during the Revolutionary War.Retail: $7.99
- Carry On, Mr. BowditchFascinating true story of the poor apprentice who, shortly after the American Revolution, transformed navigation from an art to a precise science.Retail: $8.99
- Walk the World's RimA 14-year old Indian joins Cabeza de Vaca's 16th-century expedition through the Southwest.Retail: $12.00
- Adoniram Judson: Bound for BurmaThe thrilling story of America's first foreign missionary, Adoniram Judson. In the face of incredible obstacles, Adoniram and his first wife Ann were the spark that spread the fire of the Gospel into...Retail: $11.99
- The Great Turkey Walk"Git along, little . . . turkeys"? Yep! In 1860, a fifteen-year-old boy attempts to herd one thousand turkeys from Missouri to Denver, Colorado, in hopes of selling them at a profit.Retail: $8.99
- Across Five AprilsThe powerful story of a young man for whom the Civil War spans five Aprils.Retail: $7.99
- Caddie WoodlawnThe adventures of eleven-year-old Caddie growing up with her six brothers and sisters in the Wild West frontiers of Wisconsin in the late 1800s.Retail: $7.99
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My CryAward winner set in the post-Civil War South.Retail: $9.99
- Miracles on Maple HillA heartwarming Newbery Medal winner. Dad has returned from World War II a changed man: withdrawn, touchy, unable to work. The family moves back to the family farm where dad gets the healing he needs.Retail: $7.99
- Little BritchesRalph is barely 8 years old when his family moves to Colorado for the sake of Dad's health, and the family tries to make a go of it on the ranch. Classic true story of ranching in Colorado in the early...Retail: $16.95
- The Great WheelEngrossing story about the first—and largest—Ferris Wheel ever built. Told by one of the workers who built it.Retail: $9.99
- A Summer of SundaysEland. Middle child Sunday Fowler is too young for her sisters and too old for her brothers. How can she stand out in such a large family? Her opportunity comes when the family moves to a small town so...Retail: $9.99
- How to Eat a PoemSeventy charming poems cover a wide range of subjects: poetry, books, words, and imagination; the beauty of the natural world; travel, adventure, sports, and play; love, friendship, sadness, hope, and...Retail: $4.00
- In the Year of the Boar and Jackie RobinsonIn 1947, a Chinese girl comes to Brooklyn, where she starts to feel at home and to make friends.Retail: $7.99
- What's the Big Idea, Ben Franklin?Breezy biography by award-winning author gives insights into Franklin's intriguing life and personality.Retail: $6.99
- The Lewis & Clark ExpeditionA highly readable account of the quintessentially American adventure of discovery and hardship as Meriwether Lewis and William Clark led their men on an exploration of "the interior parts of North America."Retail: $14.00
- Phoebe the SpyDramatic true story of a little girl who foiled a plan to kill George Washington.Retail: $7.99
- Sarah, Plain and TallAward-winning story of a frontier American widower who advertises for a wife . . . and gets Sarah.Retail: $7.99
- Om-kas-toeOm-kas-toe is a member of the Blackfeet Indian tribe in the early 1700s – before horses.Retail: $8.99
- Blood on the RiverTwelve-year-old Samuel Collier is a lowly commoner on the streets of London. So when he becomes the page of Captain John Smith and boards the Susan Constant, bound for the New World, he can’t believe...Retail: $8.99
- By the Great Horn SpoonTo save his aunt's home, young Jack and his butler rush off to California to join the '49ers in their hunt for gold. Fun!Retail: $8.99
- Freedom TrainFascinating biography of Harriet Tubman, a black woman who risked her life helping other slaves reach freedom on the Underground Railroad.Retail: $6.99
- Shades of GrayThought-provoking story of a boy who was orphaned by the Civil War as he struggles to forgive "the enemy" and discover what true courage is all about.Retail: $7.99
- Turn Homeward, HannaleeTwo thousand Georgia textile workers were shipped North against their will to work in Yankee mills. Twelve-year old Hannalee was one of them. This is the true story of how she fulfilled her promise to...Retail: $9.99
- Old YellerThe touching Newbery Honor story about a boy and the dog he loves. Set during frontier days in the Texas hill country.Retail: $9.99
- Thimble SummerNewbery Medal winner about a mid-American farm family in the early 20th century. Charming.Retail: $7.99
- The Seventeenth SwapEric wants to buy his young crippled friend Jimmy a pair of red cowboy boots.Retail: $12.00
- The Wright BrothersA delightful account of the exploits, the family life, and the character of the two bike builders who are generally credited with having been the first to engage in powered flight.Retail: $5.99
- 3" Binder with TabsOrganize all your homeschool papers in one sturdy and convenient binder. With tabs that match your Sonlight® History, Language Arts, and Science Instructor's Guides, you'll always know where to find...Retail: $26.97
- Discover & Do: Level E Science ExperimentsTeach your child to be a scientist! 36 5th-grade homeschool experiments to direct your children's natural curiosity into the scientific process. Includes all experiments from Sonlight Science Level E.Retail: $39.99
- Discover & Do: Level E Experiments Paper PacketConsumable. One set of these consumable sheets is already included in Science E. You need one set per student.Retail: $14.00
- Discover & Do: Science Supplies Kit EScience experiments can easily get passed over in homeschooling homes. A Sonlight Science Supplies Kit helps you fit the experiments into your life. You won't ever need to skip an experiment because you're...Retail: $74.99
- WaterEver wondered why the sea is blue, how water drives our weather, or how water changes the earth's landscape? This eye-opening guide leads you to look at this slippery substance in a whole new way.Retail: $15.99
- Listening to CricketsTrue story of Rachel Carson, a female award-winning author and marine biologist during the 1950s. Her love for nature and animals prompted the ecology movement.Retail: $9.99
- Book of Astronomy and SpaceAn exciting look into the wonders of the galaxy for young readers. Each page is filled with facts about heavenly bodies, spectacular full-color illustrations, and thematically appropriate website addresses...Retail: $15.99
- How to Be Good at Science, Technology & EngineeringScience is sorted, technology is untangled, and engineering is explained with this incredible visual guide for children.Retail: $19.99
- National Geographic How Things WorkRead along as National Geographic Kids unplugs, unravels, and reveals how things do what they do.Retail: $19.99
- American Spirit Instructor's HandbookThe Instructor's Handbook contains an introduction to the philosophy behind Spelling You See and the five development stages of spelling. The Handbook also contains a "Getting Started" guide with an overview...Retail: $23.00
- American Spirit Student PackThe Student Pack includes two student workbooks and a pack of erasable colored pencils. Each of the 36 lessons is divided into five parts, A through E, and includes two facing pages. Each day the instructor...Retail: $52.00
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Take up to one year to use your curriculum. If you don’t love it, return it! Complete details here.