If we made a mistake with your order, if anything arrived damaged, or if you have questions please contact us before making your return.
Need to make a return? Please use the following steps (click a step to view it):
Love to Learn, Love to TeachTM Guarantee.
Buy any complete Sonlight History / Bible / Literature program or All-Subjects Package, and the Love to Learn, Love to Teach™ Guarantee is yours. Or create your own complete program by combining any History / Bible / Literature with any math, language arts, and science programs (one each per History / Bible / Literature), on one order… you’re still covered.
Take up to one year to actually use the first half of your eligible program(s). Then if you don’t love it ... if you aren’t convinced Sonlight makes homeschooling a pleasure for you and your kids, please return your program—the entire package, used books and all. We’ll give you a full refund of your purchase price.
This unmatched one-year Love to Learn, Love to Teach™ Guarantee includes the following provisions:
- One year from date of purchase
- Does not include shipping
- Materials scheduled after Week 18 must be unused & resalable (as explained in the 6-Month Return Policy)
Review complete details for Sonlight's Love to Learn, Love to TeachTM guarantee here.
6-Month Return Policy
If your order is not covered by the Love to Learn, Love to TeachTM Guarantee, you can return items within 6-months of purchase.
- Applies to individual items and single subject packages (such as History, Bible, Reader, Read-Aloud, Language Arts, Science, Math, and similar packages).
- Items must be returned in unused, resalable condition (i.e. no label stickers, not marked in nor on, binding unbroken, cover and pages unbent, and not scuffed, defaced nor worn; computer software must be unopened). Note: Some digital products are not returnable once downloaded.
- You will receive a refund of your purchase price less a 10% handling fee for items returned in a resalable condition (does not include return shipping expenses).
- Materials returned after six months or received by us in non-resalable condition will not receive a refund nor will we return these materials to you.
30-Day Return Policy
Many of our products come with an unconditional 30-day guarantee. This means you can actually use the product within a 30-day window and still return it if you are not completely satisfied. Products included under this policy include Rosetta Stone, CompuScholar, SQUILT, Professor Teaches, VideoText, Piano Prodigy, and Kids Cook Real Food eCourse. Note: if you purchase any of these products and you’ve qualified for our Love to Learn, Love to Teach™ guarantee, you may return these products under those guidelines.
Sonlight's 9-Week Curriculum Packages are covered under a 30-day guarantee, but items must be returned in unused, resaleable condition (i.e. no label stickers, not marked in nor on, binding unbroken, cover and pages unbent, and not scuffed, defaced nor worn; computer software must be unopened).
You will receive a refund of your purchase price less a 10% handling fee for items returned in a resalable condition (does not include return shipping expenses).
Materials returned after 30-days or received by us in non-resalable condition will not receive a refund nor will we return these materials to you.
Digital Return Policy
A few of our digital products are not eligible for return or not returnable once downloaded. These will be indicated on the product page before purchasing or in the list below.
The following products are not eligible for return once downloaded:
- Sonlight’s Digital Memory Book
- Digital Instructor’s Guides
- Thinkwell Public Speaking (online subscription)
The following digital products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee from the date of purchase. Please contact us before returning, as you can need to deactivate your software prior to a return authorization.
- Rosetta Stone
- Piano Prodigy (regular and holiday editions)
- Kids Cook Real Food eCourse
- Professor Teaches
- Math-U-See Digital Packs
Materials returned outside the above conditions will not receive a refund nor will we return these materials to you.
Refunds will be processed within 10 business days of receipt.
- Credit card purchases will be refunded to that same card as per credit card company policies.
- Check and e-check refunds will be mailed to you. (Checks take an additional 3-5 business days to make and mail out.)
If you are still paying on your account with a payment plan, your refund will be applied to what you owe and the balance refunded to you. (Refunds for payment plans take an additional 3-5 business days to process.)
Go to your orders and select the order you'd like to return. Then click the "create order" tab (upper left) and complete the return process.
- Pack your box:
- Use a new box of the right size.
- Lay materials flat.
- Pack CDs, Binders, and Science Supply Kits on top of books.
- Use lots of packing material — not newspaper as the ink can damage items.
- Clearly print your name & address on the outside of the box.
- Attach the "Return Label" (found in top lefthand corner of your packing slip) to the outside of the box.
- Print the Step 2 paperwork and include it at the top of your box.
- Insure your package when you ship it to Sonlight. If your package is lost or damaged in transit, we cannot give you a refund or return the items to you.
- International customers: Please write a clear description of the goods being returned [i.e. Textbooks-Educational Materials]. State on the commercial invoice US Goods Returned and include HTS# 9801.00.10
DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD / PAYMENT INFORMATION. We likely have your accurate billing information in our system. If we don't, contact us or we will can contact you directly.
We are unable to process exchanges or new orders with your return.