This course covers one full school year. It requires a Windows or Mac OS computer to complete the hands-on programming activities.
The first semester covers basic web site layout, HTML symbols, text styling, hyperlinks, navigation bars, simple CSS effects, spacing and positioning, graphics and image editing, tables and website design strategies.
Students will build two fun, high-quality websites with professional features throughout the course. They will also have an opportunity to create their own unique projects at the end of each semester.
Students don't need any prior programming or HTML experience. We build all web design skills from the ground up.
All course material is delivered online to both students and teachers. There are no textbooks to wear out or CDs to scratch. Simply purchase online logins for your students and teachers to get started.
Each chapter contains multiple lessons with:
- An instructional video
- Written lesson text
- An automatically graded quiz
At the end of each chapter you will also find:
- One or more hands-on programming activities
- An automatically graded test
While all course content is delivered online, each course contains hands-on activities to be completed on the student's personal computer. The student will actually write, build, and demonstrate their own programs using modern Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). All 3rd party software is free to download, install, and use!
The Teacher Experience
Our online Learning Management System (LMS) simplifies teacher's tasks like grading and progress tracking. Just like the student, teachers will receive all course material online. A teacher's login includes all student material, plus:
- A Teacher Guide for each lesson
- A Solution Guide and fully coded solution projects for each activity
- Quiz and test answer keys
- Complete electronic gradebook
- Student management features
- Hours of professional development for each course
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10)
- Mac OS version 10.7+ (on Intel CPUs) — only Java/Android & Web Design courses
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- Ability to ZIP and un-ZIP files and directories
A separate licence must be purchased for each student.