- Consumable Item
- New Item
BUILD. PLAY. LEARN.
Go beyond your books and bring history to life with the hands-on projects in Sonlight's new Hands-on History Kit: World Cultures.
Make memories with your children as you work on nine projects side-by-side, guiding them through the clearly outlined directions. Watch their confidence grow as they proudly show off their completed projects.
This hands-on kit is excellent for Sonlighters, and amazing enrichment for other homeschoolers and afterschoolers! The projects included in this kit increase your children's understanding of history, offer evidence of learning … and they make learning fun!
Hands-on History: World Cultures Supply Kit includes:
- Project supplies--except for a few household items such as scissors, stapler, markers, etc.
- Instruction booklet--full-color, 117-page guide includes directions-- with illustrations--for each step in the process. Even non-craftsy moms can enjoy these projects!
- A schedule so if you are using it alongside Sonlight's History / Bible / Literature A program or All-Subjects Package A, you will know what weeks to add the projects to your homeschool routine. But the kit can also be used as a standalone product for homeschoolers using a different curriculum or for afterschoolers looking to add enrichment to a traditional school situation.
Stop hunting Pinterest for ideas and making multiple trips to the craft store. This kit has nine unique projects that tie to your World Cultures studies.
- Ancient Egypt: Obelisk
- Northern European Straw Weaving
- Medieval Catapult
- Age of Exploration: Sailing Ship
- American West: Build a Log Cabin
- Inventors: Samuel Morse Telegraph
- Traveling Faster with Cars
- Mountains: Build a Volcano
- Desert: Lap Book
Whether you're homeschooling or afterschooling, these enrichment activities enhance your children's understanding of the past. Fun and educational!
Have crafty kids but you aren't a crafty mom? No worries!
The 117 page instruction booklet includes
- A supplies list for each project. See at a glance what the Kit includes and what you need to provide.
- A short introduction to the historical events related to each project, connecting the activity to your studies.
- Clear, step-by-step directions—with illustrations—for each step in the process. You will know what to do and how to do it.
Add this fun, hands-on activities to your day – something for you and your children to look forward to. If your children love doing crafts – cutting, gluing, coloring, and more – they will love this Hands-On History Kit!
Suggested Age Range: 5 - 7
Consumable. These projects are like gingerbread houses: they can be shared if necessary, but most children would prefer to craft their own.