AP Literature prep from Sonlight
Age Range: 17-18 & above
Grade Range: 11-12
A college-prep survey of significant, beautiful literature
- Survey key works of British Literature.
- Help young scholars gain independence in learning: complete lesson plans and materials guide them each day.
- Watch students hone their skills in creative writing and academic essays.
- Prepare for the AP English Literature Exam* and equip students for university-level study.
- Combine this unique literature-only program with other Sonlight high school subjects for a complete one-year high school curriculum.
- Literature 630 Parent GuideGet all the lesson plans, assignments, answers and tips you need to help your students learn British Literature, Poetry and Vocabulary, and Language Arts.Retail: $61.99
- Literature 630 Student GuideGive your students the lesson plans, assignments and tips they need to learn British Literature, Poetry and Vocabulary, and Language Arts.Retail: $34.99
Back to Top
- A Severe MercyThe autobiography of two pagans, deeply in love, who come to Christ. One follows wholeheartedly, the other holds back. Moving, thought-provoking, beautiful.Retail: $15.99
- Word Power Made EasyConsumable. The Complete Handbook for Building a Superior Vocabulary. Vocabulary study at its finest.Retail: $8.99
- Sound and Sense Answer KeyEvery poem brings several thought-provoking, unanswered questions. Use our answers a starting point for discussion, or as a help when stumped.Retail: $12.99
- The Adventures and the Memoirs of Sherlock HolmesThese stories show Holmes' successes, his mistakes, his biographer, and, finally, his nemesis.Retail: $14.00
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-GlassAs a critic says, the worlds of childhood, dreams, nonsense and logic meet in this delightful and unexpected story.Retail: $11.00
- BeowulfThe first major English epic poem, translated by a Nobel-Prize winning poet.Retail: $15.95
- DublinersFifteen short stories by arguably the most influential writer of the 20th Century show snapshots of life in Dublin.Retail: $5.00
- EmmaClever Emma is clueless about matchmaking. She thwarts good relationships and tries to create romance where none could exist. Finally, to her chagrin, she realizes how little she knows.Retail: $7.95
- FrankensteinFrankenstein, written by Mary Shelley, is the original Gothic horror story that started a genre. Doctor Victor Frankenstein creates a monster that yearns for companionship. Universally spurned, the monster...Retail: $10.00
- The Great DivorceThe speaker tours hell and heaven and offers insight into man's sinful nature and God's grace. Challenging.Retail: $16.99
- Gulliver's TravelsDo rebellions really start over something so trivial as which end of a hard-boiled egg to break? Author Jonathan Swift's satire lampoons his society. The "Gulliver's Travels" book is very witty.Retail: $7.95
- HamletThere's something rotten in the state of Denmark. Prince Hamlet learns that the King murdered his father — but is revenge the answer? This "Shakespeare Made Easy: Hamlet" text combines the original...Retail: $7.99
- The Importance of Being EarnestIn "The Important of Being Earnest" book by author Oscar Wilde, a bored lord invents a relative as a useful excuse for avoiding unpleasant social engagements.Retail: $3.00
- Lord of the FliesWilliam Golding's "Lord of the Flies" is about a plane crash strands schoolboys on a tropical island. Their attempt to self-govern reveals the awful depths of human depravity.Retail: $11.00
- Paradise LostJohn Milton's "Paradise Lost" is the story of Adam and Eve: their creation, bliss, temptation, fall, and subsequent misery. Throughout, he alludes to the future redemption by the second Adam. A masterpiece.Retail: $12.00
- A Passage to IndiaOne of the most lyrical writers of the 20th Century, this EM Forster novel highlights the cultural differences between British colonials and their Indian counterparts. Can an Indian and a Brit be friends?...Retail: $15.99
- Peter PanThe unabridged story of Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up, and the girl who tried to be his mother.Retail: $5.95
- PygmalionLinguist Henry Higgins teaches a guttersnipe to speak properly and passes her off on high society. Are people more than mere appearances? This play was the basis for the musical My Fair LadyRetail: $3.00
- Right Ho, JeevesTwo people are in love. Marriage doesn't seem far away. But when Bertie Wooster wishes to help, the expected happy ending proves ever more elusive. Hysterically funny.Retail: $13.95
- The Rime of the Ancient MarinerA sailor kills an albatross and finds himself punished horribly as a result. Can there be forgiveness? A haunting epic ballad.Retail: $3.00
- The Secret Sharer & Other StoriesPowerful short stories about sailing and the sea. The title is about a captain who shields a stowaway, almost at the expense of his command, his boat, and his sanity. Masterful.Retail: $4.00
- Sir Gawain and the Green KnightOne of the earliest and finest accounts of King Arthur's court. Combination of Middle English text and modern day translation. His honor challenged, Sir Gawain confronts his foe, and along the way overcomes...Retail: $14.95
- A Tale of Two CitiesThe French Revolution, also known as the best of times and the worst of times, are backdrops for Charles Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities." A vivid picture of class struggles shown through the lens of two...Retail: $11.00
- Three Men in a BoatThree friends decide to spend a week relaxing in a boat on the Thames. Forget the relaxation! The author's dry humor and insightful commentary — compared favorably to Mark Twain's! — will keep you...Retail: $13.00
- Wuthering HeightsThe civilized Linton children meet the wild Catherine Earnshaw and her savage adopted brother Heathcliff. The families intermarry and passion, betrayal, hatred, and death follow. Wuthering Heights by...Retail: $8.00
- Sound and SenseUnlocks the depth and delight of poetry.Retail: $135.95
- The Canterbury TalesChaucer. A band of pilgrims tell stories as they travel. A delightful gallery of verbal portraits. A bit bawdy at times, yes, but so vivid, fresh, and interesting, it's astonishing to think that these...Retail: $11.00
Get Instant Answers: