You'll love what they're reading!
This year mystery and intrigue await as your older elementary children...
- Jump to the land of Conclusions with Milo on his quest to rescue Rhyme and Reason.
- Join Adam on a search for his stolen dog and missing father, as he learns to live by his wits and by making beautiful music.
- Help a Roman slave to save himself and all of the other household servants from being unjustly put to death.
- Change as you meet Jewish Zealots, religious leaders and Roman emperors
- And much more...
- The Shakespeare StealerA heartwarming story from Elizabethan England.Retail: $8.99
- The BreadwinnerParvana lives in a bombed-out apartment in Afghanistan. When her father is arrested by the Taliban, Parvana must become the breadwinner for her family. Set against the backdrop of war and religious fanaticism,...Retail: $10.99
- Year of Impossible GoodbyesSookan lives through the brutal Japanese occupation and escapes North Korea during the Communist takeover. An eye-opening story of the human spirit in an unjust world. Sad, but unforgettable.Retail: $6.99
- The Good MasterJancsi, a Hungarian boy in the early 1900s, is overjoyed that his cousin is coming to spend the summer at his father's ranch on the Hungarian plains. Their summer proves more adventurous than he had hoped...Retail: $7.99
- Flame Over TaraThe story of a fourteen-year-old girl in Ireland whose safe and comfortable life is turned upside down. Her plans to return home and get married are disrupted by the arrival of St. Patrick, whose new...Retail: $11.99
- The Samurai's TaleRiveting story of an orphan boy who grows up to be a Samurai in 16th century Japan. Excellent introduction to Japanese culture.Retail: $7.99
- Adam of the RoadA heartwarming story about the son of a traveling minstrel who is separated from his father and forced to live by his wits and music.Retail: $8.99
- Mara, Daughter of the NileMara, a slave, plays the dangerous role of double spy for two arch enemies--each of whom supports a contender for the throne of Egypt. Exciting story of adventure, romance and intrigue in Ancient Egypt.Retail: $8.99
- The Beduins' GazelleWhen Halima and Atiyah were babies, they were pledged in marriage. Now Atiyah has been sent away, a political pawn in a war between Beduin tribes in 1302.Retail: $6.99
- The Mystery of the Roman RansomThe Mystery of the Roman Ransom is about a group of boys who purchase a slave for their tutor on his 50th birthday. When their tutor refuses their gift, the slave tells the boys of a murderous plot against...Retail: $7.99
- Son of CharlemagneIn the year A.D. 781, Carl's father, Charlemagne, reveals that Carl will inherit the throne instead of the oldest son, Pepin. But Carl has his misgivings. How can he accept this honor?Retail: $14.95
- Greek MythsHigh drama, hazardous quests and unforgettable characters (mortal and immortal) reveal the landscape of early Greece and its most famous legends. From the loves of the gods (think Cupid and Psyche) to...Retail: $7.99
- Angel on the SquareKatya Ivanova grows up with the Russian royal family.Retail: $9.99
- Nory Ryan's SongNory Ryan's family has lived on the west coast of Ireland for generations. Times are never easy, but this year, a terrible blight attacks the potatoes.Retail: $7.99
- Snow TreasureNearly a year after World War II broke out in Europe, the Norwegian freighter Bomma reached Baltimore with a cargo of gold bullion worth $9 million.Retail: $7.99
- In Search of HonorJacques Chenier finds himself caught up in the anarchy and terror of the French Revolution — and in a struggle to free himself from his own prison of bitterness.Retail: $10.00
- Chu Ju's HouseWhen a 14-year-old Chinese girl realizes her new baby sister will be sent away to uphold tradition and comply with the law of the land, she determines not to let that happen. Instead, she leaves home...Retail: $7.99