- Consumable Item
- New Item
Bring history to life with a hands-on lap book your children will love — a collection of crafts and creative projects that fold down into a kind of portfolio, and unfold to show their detailed magnificence.
The American History I - Lap Book Kit is a hands-on activity to help reinforce and document your students' American History studies.
The photos on this page don't do justice to the exquisite detail and delightful projects you'll find in this lap book. The templates were drawn by the talented Amy Pak, who also drew the Timeline Figures in Sonlight programs. Using this kit, your students will cut, color, write, tape, and glue their way to a deeper understanding of events in American History.
This American History I lap book is full of activities related to early explorers, the Revolution, and many other topics covered in Sonlight's Level D History / Bible / Literature program. The kit includes instructions and materials for 25 projects, covering early Native Americans through the 1850s.
Sonlight American History Lap Book materials include:
- A 38-page clear and detailed instruction booklet, with many full-color photos that illustrate each project
- Pre-made lap book folder
- A wide range of paper in different colors (white, yellow, tan, blue, green, red, orange) and weights (i.e. cardstock, regular printer paper, tissue paper), according to the requirements of each project
- All the pre-printed materials necessary to complete the lap book
- Additional materials: double-sided tape, 2 glue sticks, 1 bottle of glue, several toothpicks, 1 piece of burlap, one extra small brown paper bag, a cotton ball, a brad, a piece of velcro, several sheets of thin plastic
You supply the colored pencils, tape, glue stick, glue gun, and scissors.
Each of the 25 projects is scheduled as an optional activity in the current Sonlight Level D History / Bible / Literature Instructor's Guide. With the help of the included instruction booklet, you can effectively use the Lap Book Kit as a hands-on supplement for any US History program.
Each American History activity takes roughly one to two hours to complete. Children ages: 8-12
- Explorer Profiles
- Mapping the Routes of Columbus
- 5 Reasons for Exploration
- Native American Tribes
- Native Story Bag
- Real-Estate Brochure
- European Exploration & Colonization
- Navigational Equipment
- Slavery in America
- Mitchell Map
- Plantation Crops
- George vs. George
- British Acts
- Monarchy vs Republic
- Bad News in Boston
- Soldiers of the Revolution
- The Famous Duel
- The Growth of the United States
- Lewis & Clark
- The War of 1812
- The Erie Canal
- The North Star
- Covered Wagon
Consumable. Purchase one American History activities kit for each child completing a lap book.