In The 50 States, you will find 50 fact-filled illustrated infographic maps exploring every state of the USA from Alabama to Wyoming. You'll journey from state to state and to the nation’s capital to discover more than 2,000 facts that celebrate the people, cities, nature, and historic events that have helped make America what it is today. You'll also get an expansive guide to the state flags and US presidents.
Learn about state capitals, famous residents, and key historical moments. Be inspired by the inventiveness, beauty, and diversity of the United States. Explore thousands of wondrous locations and be awed by the achievements of hundreds of people who helped make America what it is today. Celebrate, explore, enjoy! School Library Connection highly recommended it, saying, "The engaging, colorful pages, high-interest facts, and intriguing material make this a volume that has appeal for a wide audience."
Here's what is included on each map:
- A welcome box with a short introduction to the state
- Key facts, including the capital; state bird, flower, and tree; and statehood order
- State icons celebrating the state’s people, places, and history
- Six inspiring people who have a connection to the state
- Region spotlight bubbles to allow you to discover more about one particular place
- A moments to remember box with a list of significant dates and their events in the state’s history
- Each state’s map also contains information about which states it neighbors, its bodies of water and borders, as well as where it is situated in the country.
NOTE: The 50 States is included in the 50 States Unit Study package.