Please note: Your student should always begin with Level One, regardless of grade level. There are materials needed in each level which are used again in subsequent levels. For example, Level 3 requires the student to review cards from Levels 1 and 2.
In Level 4 of All About Spelling, your children will learn important spelling concepts such as
- Spelling strategies that will help them tackle longer words with ease
- When to use ch or tch for the sound of /ch/
- When to use the three ways to spell the sound of /j/
- How to add prefixes
- Additional ways to spell the sound of /er/
- and more!
You'll appreciate the organization, thought and research that went into this program as you work with your students on activities to solidify their spelling knowledge:
Writing Station activities give your children a creative outlet for applying new knowledge. These activities provides the practice and structure needed to achieve the goal of correct spelling outside the classroom.
Your children will also work on Word Sort activities that help them practice the multiple ways of spelling one sound.
By the end of Level 4, your students will be able to write sentences such as:
- My mother has hundreds of photographs in the attic.
- Would you say that turkeys are ungraceful birds?
- Should we add something else to the shopping list?
- My city has a population of only two hundred!
- We must warn the other people about the quicksand.
Add the Spelling Review Box to help you organize the included flashcards so you can quickly see which words, phonograms, and spelling rules your student still needs to learn and review. Order your Spelling Review Box here.