- Author: Mark Kistler
- Read Aloud Grade Range: 3 - Adult
- Read Alone Grade Range: 3 - Adult
- Binding: Pb
- Pages: 224
- Included in these packages:
Mark Kistler, a 12-year student of Bruce McIntyre, presents a larger, updated, jazzed-up version of his mentor's book (Drawing Textbook). A humorous, skill-building exercise book composed of 30 carefully sequenced, developmental lessons.
Kistler encourages students to take 20 minutes a day to practice drawing three-dimensional shapes. If you have used Bruce McIntyre's Drawing Textbook, you will recognize many of the same lessons here.
Kistler presents his material in a highly readable, humorous manner, with lots of examples, hints, and even a motivational contest or two! ("How many flying saucers can you draw in this space? Send your entry to. . .")
Besides basic skills, Kistler also teaches "Ten Key Words of Drawing" and demonstrates how they create the illusion of three-dimensionality. The Ten words? Foreshortening, shading, surface, size, contour lines, overlapping, density, shadows, attitude,... and daily application.
- Visit our Choosing Forum or speak with a Sonlight Advisor.
- Talk to the real experts -- homeschoolers who are using this program right now. Visit the Enrichment/Extra-Curricular - Art, Music, Foreign Language, P.E., etc. Discussion Forum