- Included in these packages:
The CompuScholar: Windows Programming course is a Microsoft C# "Computer Science I" course for 9th+ grade students. This course is nominally one semester long, but you may choose to it over a more relaxed school year.
These courses require a Windows computer to complete the hands-on programming activities.
The CompuScholar: Windows Programming course teaches students to write graphical programs using the Microsoft C# language. Topics include C# data types and variables, user input and flow control, math and string operations, debugging and exceptions, object-oriented concepts (classes, inheritance, polymorphism), collections, sorting, recursion, and file I/O.
Students don't need any prior programming experience. We build all C# skills from the ground up. Students will use the free Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition development environment for both courses.
All course material is delivered online to both students and teachers. There are no textbooks to wear out or CDs to scratch. Simply purchase online logins for your students and teachers to get started.
Each chapter contains multiple lessons with:
- An instructional video
- Written lesson text
- An automatically graded quiz
At the end of each chapter you will also find:
- One or more hands-on programming activities
- An automatically graded test
While all course content is delivered online, each course contains hands-on activities to be completed on the student's personal computer. The student will actually write, build, and demonstrate their own programs using modern Integrated Development Environments (IDEs). All 3rd party software is free to download, install, and use!
The Teacher Experience
Our online Learning Management System (LMS) simplifies teacher's tasks like grading and progress tracking. Just like the student, teachers will receive all course material online. A teacher's login includes all student material, plus:
- A Teacher Guide for each lesson
- A Solution Guide and fully coded solution projects for each activity
- Quiz and test answer keys
- Complete electronic gradebook
- Student management features
- Hours of professional development for each course
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10)
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- Ability to ZIP and un-ZIP files and directories
A separate licence must be purchased for each student.