- Author: Marie Hablitzel and Kim Stitzer
- Binding: Pb
A drawing and handwriting course for kids that is challenging, motivating, and fun!
Follow the simple directions to draw a whale or a swan or one of dozens of other figures. Color in the background however you choose. Children will improve their drawing skills, refine their handwriting clarity, and enjoy learning in the process!
Each of the included eight books features a finished, full-color picture with informational, related copywork on one page, and a facing page showing the step-by-step instructions for completing the illustration. The main topic of each book is explored through reading-extension suggestions, map work, and individual lessons that include a topically-related question.
Some families use these as supplements to their studies; some use them as art; some use them as handwriting. Simple and enjoyable, for the young artist.
This boxed set includes:
- Book 1: On the Farm, Kids and Critters, Storybook Characters
- Book 2: Christopher Columbus, Autumn Harvest, The Weather
- Book 3: Native Americans, North America, The Pilgrims
- Book 4: The Polar Regions, The Arctic, The Antarctic
- Book 5: The United States, From Sea to Sea, Moving Forward
- Book 6: Animals & Habitats: On Land, Ponds and Rivers, Oceans
- Book 7: Animals of the World, Part I: Forest Animals
- Book 8: Animals of the World, Part II: Grassland and Desert Animals
Glossy, full-color, non-consumable, classroom-reproducible pages; softcover. Answers to the lesson-questions are included. Copywork is in a block manuscript style; parents can have students write using their preferred method. A beginning teaching tip section provides a guide on implementing the book.
Suitable for ages 4+
Grade range: PreK-3