This sub-package allows you to select the online/print Instructor's Guides for your year.
Continue your exciting journey through world history!
Your Introduction to World History, Part 2 expeditions will take you and your children in search of great historical treasures from the fall of Rome to the present day. Sonlight C completes the two-year study of world history that you began in Sonlight B.
To guide your travels, you will use 13 great books and other learning resources such as the engaging Hillyer's A Child's History of the World, Usborne's Book of World History and many more great works.
You and your children will read biographies, historical fiction and other stories that are so rich, you will feel as if you have been transported to another time and place.
- Tag along with Michelangelo as he creates some of the world's most stunning artistic masterpieces.
- Follow Joy Ridderhof to Honduras, Mexico, Alaska, the Philippines, and Africa. Even as she faces wartime restrictions, lack of money, equipment falling apart, hardships and uncertainties, you will see God at work.
- Cheer a young Queen who rules England wisely and well.
- Travel to China with Gladys Aylward who, in spite of extreme hardship and constant obstacles, reaches an entire province for Christ.
- Pray for countries and people groups that are largely unreached with the gospel of Christ in Window on the World.
You'll also sing along with your kids as they learn 33 songs that help them memorize the continents, oceans, planets, 225 countries, and all U.S. States and Canadian provinces. And much more.
The Bible will come to life
As you read and memorize passages of the Bible in your History / Bible / Literature program, dive deeper into God's Word with these Bible study materials (which are scheduled into your History / Bible / Literature Instructor's Guide). Learn amazing facts about the people and places of the Bible, with The Awesome Book of Bible Facts. You will discover such things as: What really happened at the Tower of Babel? What size of a fish could swallow a grown man? How many copies of the Ten Commandments were there? And much more! You and your children will also memorize key portions of the Bible as you sing along with scripture verses set to delightful music.
Combines two great resources: The Awesome Book of Bible Facts and Sing the Word: God our Provider music CD.
Cuddle up and read
Put your feet up, hug the kids tightly, and stir up all your imaginations through 18 Read-Aloud classics:
- Unwrap many of life's most valuable lessons from an engaging cast of talking animals (without having to make a single mistake yourself).
- Get a candid, "insider's" peek into the daily life of a medieval castle through the eyes of 11-year-old Tobias Burgess—a page in his uncle's castle.
- Weep with a little orphan girl (once a princess of India) as she discovers the value of true friends.
So cuddle up and read aloud. You'll fuel your children's love for learning and your love for teaching them.