Saxon Math Algebra 1 is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Sets, and Cumulative Tests. Saxon Math Algebra 1 covers topics typically treated in a first-year algebra course.
| Algebra 1 includes such topics as:|
- arithmetic and evaluation of expressions involving signed numbers, exponents, and roots
- properties of real numbers
- absolute value
- equations and inequalities involving absolute value
- scientific notation
- unit conversions
- solution of equations in one unknown
- solution of simultaneous equations
- the algebra of polynomials and rational expressions
- word problems requiring algebra for the solution (such as uniform motion and coin problems)
- graphical solution of simultaneous equations
- graphs of a variety of functions: linear, quadratic, cubic, square root, absolute value, etc.
- translations and reflections of graphs
- Pythagorean theorem
- algebraic proofs
- functional notation and functions
- solution of quadratic equations by factoring, completing the square, and quadratic formula
- direct and inverse variation
- exponential growth
- computation of the perimeter and area of two-dimensional regions
- computation of the surface area and volume of a wide variety of geometric solids
Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit Contents
Saxon's secondary mathematics programs have been carefully planned and packaged. All you need to successfully teach each program is included in the homeschool kit. The Algebra 1
homeschool kit includes a textbook, an answer key for textbook problem sets, and tests with solutions/answers.
The Solutions Manual provides step-by-step solutions for each problem in the textbook problem sets. Solutions to test problems included with answer key.
Includes hardbound student text, and Pb answer key ( final answers only-no documentation or explanations). Test/solutions packet.
Find out more: