Embark on an exciting journey of learning
- Form precious memories and spend quality time with your children.
- Get the materials and guidance you need to gently build pre-reading, pre-math, listening and motor skills. We show you how to homeschool!
- Spark a love for learning with classic books and games your family will treasure for years.
- Purchase this package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48), Forum access, a one-year guarantee and other perks.
Fall in love with learning
Crack open a special book and sail to adventures far and wide. This informal preschool program helps you use the "best-ever" children's classics--plus fun games and activities--to effectively teach your young children.
You receive the finest, most complete selection of classic children's literature and fairy tales available. The included Parent's Companion shows you what to do with the books, games and art supplies to help your children love learning.
Give the gift of reading
We don't think children this young need much "school." Nor do they need repetitive worksheets, which can give them an early distaste for learning.
What your little ones really need is to hear great stories, spend quality time with you, and explore the world around them through play. We created P3/4 to help that happen in your home.
Reading out loud to your children is the single most important thing you can do to build pre-reading skills and prepare them academically.
With the many books and activities in P3/4, you get to watch your little ones make huge leaps in vocabulary, gain important pre-reading skills, increase their cultural literacy, be inspired by beautiful illustrations and simple activities, increase their attention span, improve their listening ability and develop key motor skills.
But you also get to make precious memories with them and spend valuable time showing your kids how much you love them. My heart resonates with the classic lines:
You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be-- I had a Mother who read to me.
With P3/4 Full-Grade Package, you receive:
Homeschool with confidence knowing you're giving your children just what they need at this age. Your Parent's Companion helps you capitalize on teachable moments that naturally arise.
This guide doesn't use a daily schedule like our other Core programs. We simply list the stories and activities by trimester and suggest you check them off as you enjoy them. If your children want to read one story several times in a row--go for it!
We want you to treasure your time reading and playing with your little ones. To that end, we also suggest an easy, creative activity to coordinate with most of the stories you read. This helps you extend your learning into daily life and play. Request a brief sample of the Parent's Companion at sonlight.com/3-week-samples.
Read-Alouds and Bible
Show your children that reading is a joy! These timeless classics with rich illustrations provide springboards to learning. With 19 picture books featuring 280 stories (fiction and true) and 34 fairy and nursery tales, get ready to:
- Recognize cadence and rhyme (and the value of perseverance) with an elephant who tries to hatch an egg.
- Re-discover treasures you may remember from your own childhood, such as Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, Blueberries for Sal and Make Way for Ducklings.
- Praise God for His delightful answer to a missionary's prayer in Thailand.
- Introduce your children to meaningful Bible stories that show God's strength and love for us.
Games, Songs and Art Supplies
Feed your children's desire to learn with two excellent games, a delightful CD and art supplies.
- Watch their little brains develop as they form geometric patterns with Mighty Mind.
- Build cognitive and motor skills with Teddy Mix and Match. (And watch out--they may even beat you at this visual memory game!)
- Develop listening skills and an appreciation for music with 77 classic nursery rhymes and lullabies.
Spark a love to learn
I wish all children could enjoy a preschool program so full of rich stories, games and meaningful time with their parents. Enjoy this special gift you get to give your little ones.