Enjoy these links and resources to supplement your Language Arts adventures.
If you are looking for links specific to your Language Arts program, please visit the Instructor's Guide Links page.
The following websites offer a variety of children's news articles for various reading levels. Your children will probably have a higher interest in these articles than your daily newspaper.
- http://www.nytimes.com/learning/students/index.html grades 6-12
- This website contains appropriate stories for storytelling. It also has audio recordings from professional storytellers, so your children can hear how a voice can capture and portray a story. A homeschooling dad maintains this website.
- The University of Pittsburgh maintains this website. You can find numerous stories from different cultures and countries; however, we recommend that you preview them first as they may not all be suitable for children.
- This website has electronic books, stories, and poetry that are copyright free.
- Here is the link to The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. You will find the short story "Rikki Tiki Tavi"Â at this link.
Recipe for Making Clay
- You can make your own clay at home, using these simple recipes.
- This website has several links to puppet websites, including puppet and puppet theater construction.
- These two puppet websites are kid-friendly and offer many ideas for making your own puppets.
Both of these websites offer amazing activities and information that both you and your children will enjoy.
MLA Research Paper Format and Samples
- Diana Hacker, an expert in the research paper, provides a sample paper with annotations at this link.
- This website presents the research paper with a visual analogy of a tree. While this analogy is unique, it may help with comprehension and understanding of the research process. Please preview this to see if it is a fit for your children.
- Purdue University maintains this website "The OWL at Purdue."Â This is appropriate for the older student or for a parent who would like more information on the research paper.