Sonlight's early Language Arts programs include a Phonics foundation. You will also find Basic Phonics for Spelling Rules in your Language Arts Instructor's Guide. If you would like to supplement this instruction, pick up these workbooks for assisting in language arts studies, including I Can Read It! and Explode the Code series.
I Can Read It!
Each I Can Read It! volume contains multiple stories that more than your typical reading primer. These stories present an actual plot, not just a pile of words. Each lesson progresses naturally through phonetic and spelling patterns. Watch your child's confidence rise with each story in I Can Read It.
Explode the Code
The easy to use Explode the Code workbooks provide a solid foundation for phonetics through instruction and practice. Each book is going to help your student grow in:
- phonological awareness - the structure and sounds within words (such a syllables)
- decoding - translating letters into sounds
- vocabulary - understanding what words mean
- comprehension - understanding what groups of words mean
- fluency - moving from focusing on decoding specific sounds to recognizing words
- spelling - applying knowledge of how words sound to how they are spelled
Explode the Code exceeds national standards and helps your student build essential literacy skills. These optional Language Arts workbooks help your children find success in reading.