Which schedule is right for me?
With Sonlight's 4-Day program, you'll ease into your homeschooling adventure. You get the fabulous Sonlight books, along with the flexibility of the 4-Day schedule, giving you an extra day to catch up, co-op, clean up, create . . . or whatever you choose.
The 5-Day option offers a complete 180-Day schedule. If you need a full year of scheduling, this is the option for you.
But you might prefer the complete, 144-Day (4-Day) option. You can do Sonlight only four days a week and take the fifth day for anything you choose.
A Four-day School Week Leads to More Flexibility
Sonlight families have told us several reasons they prefer a 4-Day schedule. These families:
- Attend a homeschool co-op once a week, so they don’t need five full days in addition to their Sonlight studies.
- Enjoy a more active life, with lots of field trips or excursions. They are on-the-go, and like the flexibility of a free day once a week.
- Have regular appointments. They might listen to audio books as they drive, or count the therapy as an integral part of school work.
- Want a Friday "fun day," with tea and poetry, math games, and art. This is still educational and worthwhile, but up to the parent to provide and make happen.
- Prefer to homeschool at a more relaxed pace. Whether due to newness of homeschooling, or many young children, or a more laid-back personality — for all of these reasons and many more, some parents appreciate having a little more breathing room, especially in the lower grades.
If any of these sound like you, you will probably prefer Sonlight’s 4-Day programs.
What programs offer the 4-Day option?
The 4-Day schedule is available for most Sonlight programs:
- History / Bible / Literature: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H
- Language Arts: K, 1, 2, 3, 4, D, E, F, G, and H
- Science: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H
In these IGs, you’ll find all subjects scheduled just four days a week.
Additionally, you’ll find a few fewer books, since you are Sonlighting 36 fewer days.
Love the 4-Day schedule, but want the 5-Day books?
The 5-Day only books are now available in easy-order collections for all Readers and Read-Alouds for Sonlight A-H. Enjoy your 4-Day schedule and never miss another great book! Order one of the new Book Collections, and round out your year with the additional 5-Day titles for your family to enjoy at your leisure.
With Sonlight, you get to choose what works best for your family. You can Sonlight every day, or think outside of the five-day week box and make a plan that works for your children and your lifestyle.