1st Grade Curriculum - 4-Day
Get a complete 1st grade homeschool program in one simple order
This All-Subjects Package A includes:
- All you need for one child for one year.
- Daily lesson plans for the entire year.
- A hand-picked History / Bible / Literature Program with History, Geography, Bible and Read-Alouds.
- Readers, Handwriting, Language Arts, Science and Math.
- Our biggest discount!
- Purchase this homeschool 1st-grade curriculum package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48), a one-year guarantee and other perks.
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Take up to one year to use your curriculum. If you don’t love it, return it! Complete details here.
A delightful, age-appropriate First Grade American History program, done in Sonlight's signature style.
Get the American History 1st Grade Homeschool program in one simple order
Get our best recommendations for your first grader with this All-Subjects Package. With an All-Subjects Package, you’ll get your entire curriculum for the year, including:
- Daily lesson plans, notes & teaching tips for the entire year.
- A History / Bible / Literature program that integrates History, Geography, Bible, Readers and Read-Alouds.
- Language Arts, Science and Math.
- Our biggest discount (save 20% off retail!)
- Free shipping (lower 48), a one-year, money-back guarantee and other perks.
Make homeschooling fun this year and rest assured your child is receiving a high-quality education.
Teach with confidence–right from the start!
Whether you are new to homeschooling or new to Sonlight, this package will equip you to teach one child (ages 6-8) for an entire year while you prepare him or her for a lifetime of spiritual and academic success. To use this program with multiple children, simply add extra copies of the few consumable items and purchase each additional student their own skill-based programs (i.e. Math, Handwriting, Phonics) as needed.
It's flexible–to fit your family's needs.
All of the planning is done for you. Relax knowing you don't have to be an expert to give your child an excellent education. Simply follow our step-by-step Instructor's Guide.
Included in this package:
- Instructor’s Guides
- History & Geography
- Language Arts
- Spelling & Phonics
Here’s an in depth look at what you’ll receive:
The Instructor's Guides include complete, 36-week lesson plans and notes that integrate your children's various subjects into an exciting, unified learning experience. The Instructor's Guides weave your books and materials together into a cohesive full-year curriculum—it's your roadmap for the entire school year!
History, Geography, Bible reading and memorization
Sonlight K shares the stories of key events and important people in American history. You'll encounter key statesmen and meet the four presidents on Mount Rushmore. You'll cover the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, "The Star-Spangled Banner" (the song and the flag itself), and much more.
Inspire a love of learning as you explore America's unique history. Read stories of the men and women, artists and presidents, plus a computer programmer, an enslaved potter, a determined dog, a joyful puppeteer‐more than three score short biographies.
The Bible portion of the program includes an album of memory songs and The One Year Bible for Children, an excellent overview of the stories of the Scriptures.
You'll enjoy more than a dozen of the best children's books on the planet, books carefully selected from the tens of the thousands published each year.
Includes Sonlight's History / Bible / Literature A, Exploring American History, 4-Day
Sonlight offers two types of literature: Read-Alouds for parents to share with their children, and Readers for children to read on their own. The Read-Alouds offer more sophisticated story lines and rich discussion points, and the Readers offer skill-appropriate and age-appropriate reading practice, enticing children to become literate, book lovers, and eager learners.
With Grade 1 Readers and Language Arts for Readers 1. Teach your children how to read, write, and spell with our popular Reading and Language Arts programs that feature our exclusive I Can Read It! series. Includes Grade 1 Readers and Language Arts, 4-Day. Spelling and Vocabulary is already built into your lesson plans at this level. Spelling and vocabulary words are from the reading you share with your students. This makes practice a natural addition to your homeschool day. We do offer additional resources as desired.
Spelling & Phonics
Phonics instruction is included in the Sonlight Language Arts Guides for levels K-4. Spelling instruction is phonics-based and also included in the Sonlight Language Arts Guides for levels 1-4. Spelling and Vocabulary is already built into your lesson plans at this level. Spelling and vocabulary words are from the reading you share with your students. This makes practice a natural addition to your homeschool day. We do offer additional resources as desired.
While your child is still in the early stages of learning to grip pencils, make shapes, and start work on letters and numbers, we give them practice by scheduling handwriting. There are many physiological processes going on in the art of writing, and even more as your children will begin the process of learning to write their ideas in the coming years. This is a foundational step in helping them learn to communicate.
We include Handwriting Without Tears in our All-Subjects Packages because it is designed to eliminate problems with reversals, spacing, placement, and letter and numeral formation. But, you are able to customize your package and choose the handwriting program of your choice and still enjoy our best discount of 20% off.
This 1st grade All-Subjects Package includes Handwriting Without Tears 1.
From the Solar System to human body systems, Science A nurtures children’s natural curiosity and provides daily opportunities to explore the world around them. Students will use real scientific skills and practices as they explore our natural earth: from weather, geology, natural habitats and animal life to what makes us ill and why we eat. Science A includes a high-level introduction to light and sound waves and other STEM topics that will prepare students for a lifetime of scientific curiosity, learning and application.
Weekly science experiments tie directly to the week’s reading material for a more linear progression from reading to doing. Thanks to Discover & Do: Science Experiments, your end-of-week experiments reinforce and apply the concepts studied in the days previous so you can plainly see your child’s developing mastery of particular science concepts.
Includes Science A: Light and Sound Waves, Biological Features, Space Systems, and Engineering Design (4-Day).
Note: The Children's Encyclopedia (Item AH04) is a Required Resource for this package. If you do not already own this title (currently included in History / Bible / Literature K or All-Subjects Package K), purchase The Children's Encyclopedia separately.
Your child will focus on single digit addition and subtraction at the Alpha level. They will also learn to tell and write the time, understand place value, and recognize and draw shapes. Includes Math-U-See Alpha, Level Up Set.
A few essential resources make your learning extra rich this year. The All-Subjects package includes a 3” Binder with Tabs to organize your Instructor’s Guides. We recommend adding The Timeline Book, and Markable Map and Markers if you don’t already own them. (The Timeline Book and Markable Map only need to be purchased once. You'll be using them each year).
An Extended Money-Back Guarantee
We're so confident that you and your children will love to learn with this package of books for 1st grade, we give you a guarantee unmatched anywhere else in the homeschool world. Take up to a year to use the first half of this package. Read the books, write in the schedule ... even dog-ear the book pages if you want! If you don't completely love it, return it for a full refund of your purchase price. Get full details about the Love to Learn, Love to Teach™ Guarantee here.
The OPTIONAL Hands-on History: World Cultures Project Kit can be added to this package and is scheduled in the Instructor's Guide for your convenience.
The 4-day program offers a 144-day schedule and fewer books. Learn more here: Sonlight's 4-Day Homeschool Schedules.
*Daily Time Requirements (including your other subjects.)
Child: 1.5 - 2 hrs; Parent: 1 - 1.5 hrs
Breathe easy with this program you're guaranteed to love.
- If you'd prefer, you can build your own customized 1st Grade package using our SmoothCourse™ curriculum builder tool.
- A Sonlight Homeschool Advisor can help you add resources to use this Sonlight 1st Grade All-Subjects Package with more than one child or answer any questions you have.
- Language Arts 1 Instructor's Guide - 4 DayTeach your children with confidence!Retail: $59.00
- Sonlight A Instructor's Guide - 4 DayTeach with confidence. The Sonlight A History / Bible / Literature Instructor's Guide shows you how.Retail: $100.00
- Science A Instructor's Guide - 4 DayWhen you order Sonlight Science A: Light and Sound Waves, Biological Features, Space Systems, and Engineering Design, your young scientists will embark on a quest. Learn the basics of these disciplines...Retail: $59.00
- One Year Bible for ChildrenRead through the Bible in one year with this Children's Bible story book and devotional for young children. Complete with beautiful illustrations. Gilbert Beers.Retail: $17.99
- Sing the Word! Teach Me Your Paths CDA great mnemonic aid: the entire set of 28 Scripture verses in the Bible K Memory program (plus a bonus track!) set to diverse musical styles. Beautifully arranged for children's voices using orchestral...Retail: $15.99
- Handwriting Without Tears: My Printing BookConsumable workbook. Designed to eliminate problems with reversals, spacing, placement, and letter and numeral formation. Letters are used in simple words and sentences to ensure continuous review. Approx....Retail: $16.99
- Handwriting Without Tears: Print Alphabet Desk StripsA sheet of four 10.5 x 2" adhesive strips. Stick strips to desk to give students visual clues for print letter formation.Retail: $3.99
- Lined Paper for approx. levels K-1100 Sheets of 2-line, 5/8"-ruled paper for use with Handwriting Without Tears programs.Retail: $7.30
- Timeline Figures AAll the Timeline Figures needed for Sonlight First Grade American History on self-adhesive heavy card stock. Just cut them out, color and stick them in your Timeline Book. Figures include Thomas Jefferson,...Retail: $14.00
- Granny Han's BreakfastWhen Granny Han went to her cupboard one morning, her cupboard was bare! Granny prayed for her food anyway, and before she knew it, a large and wonderful breakfast appeared before her eyes.Retail: $5.99
- Heroes and Happenings Vol. 1Introduce your kindergarten student to American History with this age-appropriate kindergarten history book. Volume 1. Amy Lykosh.Retail: $26.00
- Heroes and Happenings Vol. 2Learn about people and events throughout American History with this age-appropriate kindergarten history book. Volume 2. Amy Lykosh.Retail: $26.00
- George vs. GeorgeThere are two sides to every story! This wonderfully illustrated book shows both sides of the American Revolution through the eyes of George Washington and King George III. Rosalyn Schanzer.Retail: $6.95
- How We Crossed the WestBeautifully rendered folk-style illustrations help bring to life the story of Lewis and Clark. Descriptive text is taken from their historical journals. Rosalyn Schanzer.Retail: $7.95
- The Very First AmericansLearn all about the first Americans. Watercolor paintings depict the clothing, dwellings, art, tools, and other Native American artifacts. Ashrose and Waldman.Retail: $5.99
- Three Young PilgrimsBased on the true story of the Allerton family. Experience life aboard the Mayflower followed by the first winter in the New World. Detailed paintings bring the pilgrim's first months to life, including...Retail: $7.99
- The New York ColonyA True Book: Thirteen Colonies series allows readers to experience what makes each of America's colonies distinctive and exceptional.Retail: $6.95
- Your Life as a Settler in Colonial AmericaDescribes the life of a settler in Colonial America, addressing work ethic and expectations, education, food, hygiene, dress, and slavery.Retail: $8.95
- Civil War on SundayCannon fire! That's what Jack and Annie hear when the Magic Tree House whisks them back to the time of the American Civil War.Retail: $6.99
- Letter & Word BINGO CardsEducational BINGO-style games to help children learn their phonic sound clusters and sight words.Retail: $5.00
- Go Blend!A Sonlight exclusive Go Fish!-style card game used to teach basic letter blends.Retail: $5.00
- BINGO MarkersRequired Resource for Language Arts Grades K-1. Set of 50 plastic markers for use with both Alphabet Sounds BINGO and Letter & Word BINGO.Retail: $3.00
- Math-U-See Alpha Instruction Manual/DVDThe Alpha Instruction Pack contains the Instruction Manual with lesson-by-lesson instructions and full solutions, and the DVD with lesson-by-lesson video instruction.Retail: $63.00
- Math-U-See Alpha Student Workbook/TestsThe Alpha Student Pack contains the Student Workbook with lesson-by-lesson worksheets, systematic review pages, and Application & Enrichment pages as well as Alpha Tests.Retail: $48.00
- The Light at Tern RockRonnie loves living in the lighthouse, but the days go by, and the keeper doesn't return. A simple but pleasurable Christmas story for all ages.Retail: $7.99
- The Hundred DressesTwo normally sensitive girls repent of "making fun" of the poor girl in their class who says she has a hundred dresses.Retail: $8.99
- Twenty and TenTwenty school children hide ten Jewish children from the Nazis occupying France during World War II.Retail: $6.99
- In Grandma's AtticStories of a remarkable grandmother's childhood in midwest North America over 100 years ago. Bring the past alive as only a born storyteller could.Retail: $6.99
- The Family Under the BridgeSet in Paris, the story of an old hobo whose heart and life become entangled with a fatherless family in search of a home. Included in Sonlight A, this story begins with homelessness and ends with coming...Retail: $7.99
- Here's a PennyWherever Penny goes, he's sure to find adventure. He loses his overalls in a very sticky situation and searches for his new kittens only to find them dressed up in doll clothes.Retail: $7.99
- Adventures with WafflesThis adventure book is outstanding. A year in the life of two neighbors in Norway and their laugh-out-loud adventures. Cheery, sweet, good family story. Touches on grief, remembering, restoration. What...Retail: $7.99
- The Ordinary PrincessAlong with Wit, Charm, Health, and Courage, Princess Amy of Phantasmorania receives a special fairy christening gift: Ordinariness.Retail: $7.99
- The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and SenseA simple introduction to budgeting and the value of a dollar.Retail: $5.99
- Mrs. Piggle WiggleMrs. Piggle-Wiggle knows how to cure children of bad habits including selfishness, talking back, and never wanting to go to bed! Whimsical.Retail: $6.99
- Sled Dog SchoolFocused on themes of friendship and problem-solving, this story highlights the special relationship between a handler and a working dog. Creativity and following your passion saves the day in this engaging...Retail: $7.99
- Cool BeansPerfect for transitioning from graphic novels to traditional books, this funny and action-packed title follows Tucker MacBean on his quest to make art--and himself--seem cool. A wonderful story about...Retail: $7.99
- Book Uncle and MeOriginally published in India, this book is about voting, friendship, and the love of books. When nine-year-old Yasmin suddenly loses her only source of free reading material, she and her family, friends,...Retail: $9.99
- The Bill Martin Jr Big Book of PoetryThis full-color treasury contains nearly 200 poems with original illustrations by award-winning artists. Grouped by theme, this varied anthology contains an impressive number of old favorites and newer...Retail: $24.99
- Room One: A Mystery or TwoA young boy living in rural western Nebraska investigates the connection between a mysterious face in the window of an empty house and the possible closing of the one-room school he attends.Retail: $7.99
- Frankie Sparks and the Class PetFrankie Sparks is a third grader who uses her love for science and math to help her solve problems she comes across in her daily life.Retail: $5.99
- Put Me in the ZooPut Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire is an "I Can Read It Myself" book about an animal full of amazing tricks who wants to join the zoo.Retail: $9.99
- One Fish, Two Fish...What can we say about this book? One of the master's best!Retail: $9.99
- A Fly Went ByA boy watches a fly flee from a frog, but the frog isn't chasing the fly; rather, the frog flees from the cat... and so it goes.Retail: $9.99
- The Cat in the HatThe book that made Seuss famous.Retail: $9.99
- Green Eggs and Ham"Try it . . . you might like it" is the theme of this delightful Dr. Seuss classic.Retail: $9.99
- A Big Ball of StringImagine all the amazing things you could do if only you had a huge ball of string!Retail: $9.99
- The Best TrickA Sonlight exclusive, beginning chapter book developed by a homeschooling mom.Retail: $6.00
- I Can Read It! Book 1I Can Read It Book 1 of the series. The I Can Read It! stories engage your child with real plot, action, and humor. Each story moves your child through a natural progression of phonetic and spelling patterns.Retail: $12.00
- I Can Read It! Book 2Book 2 of the I Can Read It series. The I Can Read It! stories engage your child with real plot, action, and humor. Each story moves your child through a natural progression of phonetic and spelling patterns.Retail: $12.00
- I Can Read It! Book 3Book 3 of the I Can Read It series. The I Can Read It! stories engage your child with real plot, action, and humor. Each story moves your child through a natural progression of phonetic and spelling patterns.Retail: $12.00
- I Can Read It! Word ListsBook 4 of the I Can Read It series. This fourth volume in the series contains word lists and shows spelling patterns. Part of the I Can Read It series.Retail: $12.00
- 3" Binder with TabsOrganize all your homeschool papers in one sturdy and convenient binder. With tabs that match your Sonlight® History, Language Arts, and Science Instructor's Guides, you'll always know where to find...Retail: $26.97
- Discover & Do: Level A Science ExperimentsTeach your child to be a scientist! 36 1st grade homeschool experiments to direct your children's natural curiosity into the scientific process.Retail: $37.00
- Discover & Do: Level A Science Experiment VideosObserve and learn how to do all 36 science experiments in the Science A curriculum.Retail: $32.00
- Discover & Do: Science Supplies Kit AThe bits and pieces you need for Sonlight Homeschool Science A.Retail: $78.00
- Discover & Do: Level A Experiments Paper PacketConsumable. One set of these consumable sheets is already included in Science A. You need one set per student.Retail: $14.00
- Light is All Around UsLight is all around you! With lively illustrations and diagrams and clear, engaging text, this Read-and-Find-Out picture book is a fascinating look into the many ways that light brightens our world.Retail: $6.99
- Sounds All AroundSounds are all around us. Clap your hands, snap your fingers: You're making sounds. Read and find out how people and animals use different kinds of sounds to communicate.Retail: $8.99
- Lift-the-Flap EngineeringLift the flaps in this fascinating book to discover how engineering works and the many things engineers do.Retail: $14.99
- Pasteur's Fight Against MicrobesAccompany Louis Pasteur as he discovers the secrets of microscopic living creatures — microbes: where they come from and what they do.Retail: $7.99
- What Makes You Ill?From germs to viruses to allergies to the body's immune system, this book presents basic information about health and sickness and what we can do about them.Retail: $4.99
- The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar SystemThe magic school bus takes us along on a class trip to . . . the solar system.Retail: $7.99
- The Magic School Bus Inside the Human BodyThe school bus shrinks and takes you on a full-color, exciting ride through the human body. Very well done.Retail: $8.99
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Take up to one year to use your curriculum. If you don’t love it, return it! Complete details here.