During the season of Advent (Latin word meaning coming or arrival) we prepare to celebrate Jesus’ first coming as a baby in Bethlehem. Sometimes it helps to add ideas or give direction for your family’s preparations as the busyness of the season can drown out the reasons why we celebrate.
Add a new element to your holiday traditions as you utilize our expanded Advent Unit Study. Based around the book Jotham’s Journey and associated scripture passages, we have added in a number of elements to help make this year’s Advent a true family celebration.
This study is ideal for grades 2-8 (ages 7-13), but can be enjoyed by the entire family. This product is consumable, but you do not need one for each student, as this product is designed to do together as a family. The package is not available without the Jotham’s Journey title; if you already own the title, it could be a wonderful Christmas gift/donation for a family on your list.
The study includes 28 days of material; enough to reach from the first day of Advent (the Sunday after Thanksgiving) through Christmas.
This package includes:
- Jotham’s Journey by Arnold Ytreeide
- Daily schedule and notes for each day of Advent including suggested questions to encourage discussion within your family
- Holiday recipes for family making and baking
- Weekly craft project with associated supplies
- Bonus craft ideas suited for homemade gift giving
- Curated list of holiday literature to enrich your enjoyment of the Christmas season
- Sonlight recipe cards for building your own holiday recipe file