Terms of Sale
- Online orders can be paid by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or e-check.
- Manual orders can be paid by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, manual check, wire transfer, or money order in U.S. funds.
- E-Check: Sonlight requires the bank's routing number and your account number to process an order with an electronic check. (U.S. bank accounts ONLY.)
- Wire Transfer: Please contact a Sonlight representative for instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you purchasing from out of the country? Find the exchange rate using this helpful Currency Converter: http://www.xe.com/ucc/
There is a $20 charge every time a check is returned because of insufficient funds. We charge 1.5% per month interest on unpaid balances.
We will charge you for items you purchase only at the time your goods are shipped. Shipping fees (if any) will be charged at the time of the initial shipment. If there are back-orders, we charge no additional shipping fees, and we will not charge your credit card for backordered items until the backorders are shipped.Credit or Debit Daily Limits
If you have a daily limit on your debit/credit card, please make a note in the comment box regarding the credit limit. The first day we will charge your credit/debit card up to the credit limit, and charge the remaining amount the following day.Other Payment Options
- Plan by Gift Certificates. Over a period of time, purchase gift certificates from Sonlight Curriculum. When you acquire the needed amount, you can then place your order using those gift certificates. You create a payment plan for yourself.
- Purchase by Trimester. Sonlight provides information as to which items are used in each trimester of the program. In our catalog and online, you will see a small circled number indicating in which trimester the book is used. In the first trimester you would need to purchase your Instructor Guides, Required Resources, along with any books listed with a circled 1.
We guarantee prices until June 30 of each catalog year. After that time, prices are subject to change without notice. Though we may quote you a price by phone, your final purchase price is not firm until the time we receive your order.
Unless you indicate otherwise, price increases up to 10% above your calculated order total will not delay us from shipping your order. However, we expect you to pay the difference upon receipt of shipment. If the difference between your calculation and ours is greater than 10%, we will contact you to acquire approval before shipment. Please provide an email address for fastest contact.
- General Sales Tax Information. The amount of tax charged for your Sonlight Curriculum order depends on the destination of the shipment. Sonlight does not charge sales tax for domestic orders, except in Colorado, New York and Texas. However, it is possible your state may charge tax for online orders when filing your income tax return.
For your convenience, we display an estimated sales tax amount when orders are placed. The exact sales tax will be listed on your invoice (packing slip) and reflects all state and local taxes of your order destination at the time your order is shipped.
- Canadian Taxes and Calculations. Federal tax is only added to orders delivered in Canada and is displayed as GST (Goods and Services Tax). The GST (a flat rate of 5.0%) must be paid at the time you place your order. The tax also applies to shipments to P.O. Boxes, and must be paid at the time of delivery.
- Sales Tax on Gift Certificates. No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift certificates; however, purchases paid for with gift certificates may be subject to tax.
- Tax-Exempt Customers. If a customer is tax exempt, you will need to send us your tax exempt certificate. We will then put a code on the your record indicating tax exempt and the system will not collect tax.
- To improve accuracy, to speed order processing, and to free our staff to answer questions, Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd., does not accept phone orders. Please send all orders via our website (www.sonlight.com/curriculum.html) or by email, fax, or regular postal mail.
- Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd., has no control over the availability of goods it does not publish. Therefore, components of curriculum packages may change without notice. Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. will make no substitutions on orders for individual titles. On All-Subjects or History / Bible / Literature curriculum orders, however, if changes have been made, we will ship the current package.
- We regret that backorders are often unavoidable. If your address will change in the next three months, please inform us of when and where you will be moving.
- Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. insures items against damage or theft during transit when shipped via FedEx® or UPS® anywhere in the world. We do not insure Postal Service deliveries unless you specifically request and pay for the service.
- We will bill you for your purchase only at the time your goods are shipped. If there are backorders, we charge no additional shipping fees, and we will not bill your credit card until the backorders are shipped.
- If your shipment suffers any shortages, damages, etc., please report them to us within THREE MONTHS of receipt to receive replacement(s).
Our website is protected by the strongest security technology available. Read more to learn how to protect yourself from fraudulent emails that appear to come from Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd.
In an effort to provide continuing support to missionaries in the field, an anonymous donor has agreed to work with Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. to share some of the cost of our products and services. Qualified missionaries now have the opportunity to receive our curriculum at a great discount!
In order to serve you better, we allow you to pay for your Sonlight materials over several months at no extra charge.