Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. has offered academically sound and family friendly curricula from preschool through high school for over 28 years. Our award winning curricula and resources have been used by families in over 120 countries around the world. We have shared our Christian curricula and resources in order to make the world a better place and to encourage excellence in homeschool education for all.
We are pleased to provide our many valued customers with curricula that are:
Complete – Easy to use – Beautiful – Rewarding – Encouraging – Inspiring – Flexible – Rigorous Worthwhile – Engaging – Fulfilling – Life Changing – Relationship Building – Guaranteed
To that end, we are seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial executive leader to build on the work our co-founder Sarita Holzmann has laid to ensure the wonder and beauty of our curricula and resources endure, expand, and improve for many more years to come. This person will be critical to keep our curricula and resources timely, purposeful, and current for the present and next generation of homeschoolers.
Among the work we would expect this person to do would be to think of new products and services for future delivery; to ensure the Christ-like underpinnings of the curriculum remain strong and vibrant; and to oversee and inspire our curriculum development team to imagine, produce, and innovate our curricula for the future. And, to envision for our company how to continue to advance the unique model of education Sonlight has fostered, while sustaining the best of the best homeschool materials in the market place.
Are you interested in helping mold Sonlight Curriculum now and into the future? Are you willing to help us make a difference in the world, one family at a time?
If so, we invite you to look at the qualifications below for the person we are seeking. If you desire to be part of a great organization that enjoys the adventure of shared learning across all disciplines and among the precious young of all nations, please send your application to email@example.com.
NOTE: We will ONLY spend time looking at candidates that can show us they are forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, have proven content development skills, and can convince us they are able to lead our curriculum development team. Real, executive leadership that meshes with our culture and future will be fundamental in our review.
Under the general supervision of the President, the Sonlight Curriculum Development Manager is responsible for shaping the Sonlight curriculum vision and strategy by articulating the business value of the curricula to company leaders and market users. Provides the deep curriculum expertise needed to make strategic decisions, including defining the why, when, and what of the curricula that the team develops. Coordinates with cross-functional teams from the curricula’s conception all the way through to launch. Serves as a member of the company executive leadership team, working alongside the team to ensure Sonlight remains the predominant brand in the homeschool marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously seeks ways to keep Sonlight curricula relevant and prescient to meet current and potential users.
- Plans what the team will deliver based upon an approved budget and timeline for implementation, including defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to bring the curricula to market.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues.
- Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match curricula specifications.
- Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new curricula opportunities.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's curricula to competitors'.
- Analyses, synthesizes, and then resolves Sonlight curricula development and promulgation related issues, such as questions or ideas related to customer usefulness, market reach, cost to purchase, content appropriateness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Orchestrates the activities and efforts of the Sonlight curriculum development team, ensuring that each team member is utilized most effectively, trained, and integrated into the development and promulgation process.
- Tracks team progress and results; provides feedback/reports as necessary/requested; and guides team members to accomplish assigned tasks and work projects on or ahead of schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Track record of demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and inclination required.
- At least 7 years of curriculum development leadership or the equivalent required.
- Exceptional communication skills, solid writing skills, and ability to creatively innovate required.
- At least 7 years of demonstrated executive oversight/supervision of a team within a company serving a diverse market required.
- Proven experience creating/developing curricula for use at home OR Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, or a related field OR the equivalent required.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite required.
- Familiarity with and some experience using Adobe products, such as InDesign/Illustrator, desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 303-795-6509, attention Lydia Bowers.