Summary: Under the general supervision of the Marketing Director, the Community Manager builds brand awareness for and increases both traffic and revenue for Sonlight. The Community Manager serves as the “face” of the online community, and as such will be responsible for the nurturing, growth and communication within the community. The Community Manager actively engages with the community at all times in order to help grow Sonlight and create additional revenue generating and audience acquisition, marketing and PR opportunities. The Community Manager develops optimized content as needed and interfaces with the rest of the team to facilitate the development and ongoing improvement of unique, market-focused products and content.
Essential Job Functions
The Community Manager should be social-savvy, PR focused, editorial-friendly, business-minded and have first-hand knowledge of the community content and product offerings.
- Builds mutually beneficial relationships between Sonlight and its publics.
- Aids in brand strategy, gains understanding and support for the brand, as well as seeks to influence opinion and behavior.
- Uses all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of Sonlight.
- Conducts research to determine the obstacles Sonlight must overcome in growing and flourishing as a brand and positively interacting with customers and potential customers.
- Gathers, edits, and personalizes content that matches the values and messages that are most important for Sonlight to convey, including email, magazine contributions, blog posts, guest blog posts, interviews, speeches, social media, press releases, podcasts or e-books.
- Identifies brand advocates for Sonlight and contribute to the management of the Brand Ambassador program (Identifying influential bloggers/companies and fostering relationships where they will mention our brand or share our content, etc.).
- Helps create and clarify messaging that resonates with our potential customers
- Aids in developing a strong presence in in the places and with the people who comprise our loyal and listening audience.
- Conducts "professional eavesdropping" and research to hear what the world is saying or not saying about Sonlight and how we shape our message to change negative impressions for positive ones - and build trust.
- Works with the Director of Marketing to develop PR strategies that integrate with the overall marketing strategy.
- Develops a strategy to disseminate Sonlight content via influential bloggers/companies online and/or in print publications.
- Maintains an acute knowledge of the market and the target audience in order to formulate a strategy that attracts and grows an audience, retains them as members and increases conversions.
- Is active and visible in the community (especially on social media), and build partnerships with associations, vendors, media outlets and noted bloggers to increase brand visibility.
- Develops, manages, and participates in social media campaigns across all social media outlets.
- Troubleshoots and quickly responds to/ relays customer questions, problems, and technical glitches on the website/social media to the appropriate person to build loyalty and trust.
- Assists in the development and management of an online content strategy that integrates content, social, eCommerce and DTC marketing. Includes, but is not limited to:
- Creates valuable, timely, SEO-savvy content both online (blog), via email newsletters (Sarita’s Word), social media and external ad campaigns.
- Ensures all content syncs with marketing, merchandising and sales efforts to maximize revenue and brand strategy.
- Assists in implementing a social media strategy (where we already have an engaged audience), identifies new social opportunities to drive traffic, and increases engagement and loyalty.
- Creates and manages an online email acquisition strategy that will expand our customer database (RCLPs/PCLP/Lead Magnets; content marketing; email acquisition positions on site, etc.) and reaches out to external bloggers, where appropriate, for link-building opportunities.
- Focuses on audience needs and usability throughout the content/product creation process.
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Product Development to expand product offerings for the brand.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Marketing, Communications, or PR and 3-5 years of experience in public relations or marketing, copywriting and editing, OR equivalent experience.
- Knowledge regarding influencer marketing and earned media required.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks in response to a dynamic environment is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a deadline-driven environment is required.
- Experience with the homeschool market, or other parenting markets where potential customers gather is desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Please send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to 303-795-6509, attention Lydia Bowers.