Journey through the highlights of World History
- Sweep through ancient and modern history with this one-year program.
- Homeschool with confidence: you get daily plans and complete materials for the entire year.
- Meet a samurai warrior, Augustus Caesar, Joan of Arc, Michelangelo, Martin Luther, Napoleon and more.
- Learn from the past and see how each generation's choices impact the world.
- Purchase this package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48), Forum access, a one-year guarantee and other perks.
Want a One-Year Option?
Sonlight's complete World History program takes two full years. If you have the time to do all of Sonlight G and H, that's still my top recommendation. You'll enjoy many more favorite books, and you'll get a deeper, richer study of history.
But not everyone feels they can spend two years on World History. Some customers are new to Sonlight and only have a year before they need to start the high school courses. Some customers know they have only this last year to homeschool, but would like to complete a whole sweep of History.
If so, rather than do only the first half or the second half of World History, I recommend this one-year condensed program. Although, of course, I had to leave some things out, it's my best effort to slim down our two-year program to a single year.
Besides having to remove some books, Sonlight W has one significant change from G and H. In the two-year version, students read the four-volume Story of the World. But four volumes, as well as all the other history books, would be too much in one year. Instead, Sonlight W uses Hillyer's Child's History of the World as the foundation for the History. It has excellent content, and allows the students time to read additional works that add variety and depth to their studies.
Estimated daily time for One-Year World History plus your other subjects: Student: 4-6 hrs | Parent: 2-3.5 hrs
First time Sonlighting? Click here for a few required resources.