- New Item
Kids, parents, and teachers will certainly be discussing the election through November. So now is the perfect time to introduce Presidential Elections and Other Cool Facts to young readers. Children will be fascinated by the history they'll find in this book, including riveting facts about everything from George Washington's election in 1789 to Barack Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012.
Questions asked and topics explored include:
- Who can run for president?
- Who can vote?
- What is the Electoral College?
- What is a third-party candidate?
- Which Republican president had a Democrat for his vice president?
- Who was the only U.S. president to be elected for more than two terms?
- Which candidates have won the popular vote but lost the election?
- Why was President Truman happy in 1948, when he read the Chicago Tribune headline that declared: "Dewey Defeats Truman"?
This book brings history and social studies lessons to life as boys and girls learn about important people, places, and events in the history of presidential elections.