- Author: Stanley F. Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Binding: Hb
Grade 4-5; the last book in the Life of Fred Intermediate Series. Use this book over and over with multiple children. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student. This book covers 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
This book covers intermediate mathematics including...
- Milligrams and Pounds
- Rounding Numbers
- Three-eights of 19,416
- Is a Quart less than (<) a Duck?
- What to Do with Eleven Hours of Free Time Each Day
- Six Is What Fraction of 24?
- Post Meridiem
- Extending the Domain of a Function
- Perpendicular Lines
- Can a Four-sided Figure Have Exactly Three Right Angles?
- Cardinality of Sets
- Inverse Operations
- the Largest Cardinal Number Isn't Six
- Ounces, Gills, and Pints
- 30% of 270
- Division by 100
- Subtracting 3 oz. From 4 lbs. 2 oz.
- Subtracting 7 Minutes 25 Seconds from 20 Minutes 10 Seconds
- Subtracting 2 Gallons 1 Quart from 4 Gallons
- Chords of a Circle
- and much more . . .
But that's not all! You'll also find tie-ins to other topics such as freedom vs. liberty (philosophy), mammals (science), the four types of sentences (language arts), and more. Ready to discover the fun side of math you've been missing all these years? This is the math book for you!