- Author: Stanley F. Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Binding: Hb
Grade 4-5; the first book in the Life of Fred Intermediate Series. Use this book over and over with multiple children. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student. This book covers 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
You are ready to start Life of Fred Intermediate when...
- You can add and subtract
- You have an understanding of multiplication and division
- You have finished Life of Fred: Ice Cream
This book covers intermediate mathematics including...
- Writing Numerals in Checks ($4000 and Not $40.00)
- Word Problems in Arithmetic
- Grams Vs. Ounces
- Images of Elements of the Domain
- 115 Ounces = 7 Pounds and 3 Ounces
- Definition of an Acre
- The Calculus Definition of Limit
- Scores, Dozens, and Braces
- Polar Form of Complex Numbers
- The Five Different Solutions to X5 = 32
- A Quarter after Two
- Twelve Kinds of Set Theory
- The Best Time in History to Become a Mathematician
- Arithmetic Sequences and Series
- and much more . . .
But that's not all! You'll also find tie-ins to other topics such as the Great Depression (history), why you have two kidneys (science), the result of years of piano practice (music), and more. Ready to discover the fun side of math you've been missing all these years? This is the math book for you!