- Author: Stanley F. Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Binding: Hb
K-4th grade; complete Honey first. Use this book over and over with multiple children. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student. This book covers 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
Your children will encounter...
- The Big Question in Arithmetic
- Multiplying Two-digit Numbers
- A Pound of Hamburger Weighs More Than a Pound of Gold
- The Last Ten Multiplication Facts
- How to Remember 7Ãƒâ€”8 = 56
- Sigma Notation
- Subtracting 12 oz. from 15 lbs.
- Bar Graph
- Ordered Pairs
- Elapsed Time
- First and Second Coordinates
- Why Algebra Does Not Use the Times Sign (×)
- The Cardinality of the Set of All Ice Cream Flavors that Begin with the Letter Alpha
- Minutes and Hours in the Metric System
- Plotting Points on a Graph
- The One Reason for Mathematics
- Hooke's Law
- Slope of a Line
- Estimating Using Graphs
- Changing the Scale on a Graph
- Counting Back Change
- The Commutativity of Set Union
- Area of a Rectangle
- and much more . . .
But that's not all! You'll also find tie-ins to other topics such as endoplasmic reticulum (science), hyperbole and irony (linguistics), maps (geography and history), and more. Ready to discover the fun side of math you've been missing all these years? This is the math book for you!