- Author: Stanley F. Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Binding: Hb
K-4th grade; complete Goldfish first. Use this book over and over with multiple children. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student. This book covers 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.
Your children will encounter...
- Commutative Law of Multiplication
- Closed Under Addition
- Quarter of an Hour
- Cardinal Numbers
- d = rt
- One Trillion
- 1½ + 1½
- Is This a Function?
- Long Division
- Dividing 56382 by 3
- Changing 82614 feet into Yards
- Three Reasons to Learn Long Division (Even Though Calculators Exist)
- 36 Quarters Equals How Many Dollars?
- The Four Times Table
- A Disadvantage to Being Married to a Calculator
- The Guess-a-Function Game
- Hexagons and Octagons
- The Big Question in Arithmetic – Do I Add, Subtract, Multiply, or Divide?
- Division by Two-digit Numbers
- 7xyz + 8xyz
- Slope of a Line
- and much more . . .
But that's not all! You'll also find tie-ins to other topics such as the periodic table and smelting (science), the distance from the Netherlands to Holland (geography), buying versus making (economics), and more. Ready to discover the fun side of math you've been missing all these years? This is the math book for you!