Please note: Your student should always begin with Level One, regardless of grade level. There are materials needed in each level which are used again in subsequent levels. For example, Level 3 requires the student to review cards from Levels 1 and 2.
Level 5 of All About Spelling teaches your children important spelling strategies such as:
- When to apply the I-Before-E Generalization
- How to add two suffixes to a word
- Clues for when to use tion and sion to spell the sound of /shun/
- The Doubling Rule for adding vowel suffixes
- Nine ways to pluralize words
- and more!
This level contains the "Make It Plural" booklet which helps your students review, identify and categorize ways to make words plural, including words ending in o, f, and fe, as well as irregular plurals. Effective learning tools such as Word Banks, Writing Station and Homophone Lists are also included.
By the end of Level 5, your students will be able to write sentences such as:
- We closed the door to escape the odor of that smelly fish!
- You must resign yourself to the fact that gnomes do not exist.
- These gentle rains will nourish the beautiful ferns and flowers.
- Wavy lines of steam rose from the burning pavement.
- The children are demanding new equipment to build their robots.
Add the Spelling Review Box to help you organize the included flashcards so you can quickly see which words, phonograms, and spelling rules your student still needs to learn and review. Order your Spelling Review Box here.