LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE
This product will no longer be available for purchase once the Semi-Annual Elective Sale ends. All KidCoder and TeenCoder Homeschool Programming products will be replaced by CompuScholar online subscription courses after Feb. 2nd.
The Java series is designed for students who may be interested in computer science as a career or who may need a computer course for graduation. The first-semester Java course introduces your 9th-12th grade students to the Java programming language, a highly popular technology with many applications. Your students will learn to create graphical and console applications using object-oriented design concepts. This course is also compatible with the AP* Computer Science exam. Note: Though the two TeenCoder series operate independently and may be taken in the order you desire, the creator of TeenCoder Programming recommends that students take Windows/Game Programming prior to Java/Android Programming.
Topics Covered in Java Programming
- Introduction to the Java programming language
- Creating graphical applications
- Using dialog controls
- Java data types and variables
- User input and flow control
- Math functions and string operations
- Java debugging and exception handling
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Classes, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Collections, sorting, and recursion
Study for the "AP Computer Science A" exam!
This course may be used in a self-study program to prepare students for the AP Computer Science A exam! [AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.]
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10) or Intel-based Mac OS 10.5.8 and above
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Additional persistent Internet access is optional but highly recommended for this course and is required for TeenCoder: Android Programming.
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.
*AP and Advanced Placement are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this product.