LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE
This product will no longer be available for purchase once the Semi-Annual Elective Sale ends. All KidCoder and TeenCoder Homeschool Programming products will be replaced by CompuScholar online subscription courses after Feb. 2nd.
The second-semester course in our KidCoder Visual Basic series. Your student will write several different games while learning game programming techniques they can later use on their own. Your student must have completed the KidCoder: Windows Programming to take this course.
KidCoder: Game Programming Demo
Topics Covered in Game Programming
- Game design concepts
- Drawing shapes on the screen
- Responding to keyboard clicks and mouse movements
- Displaying and animating images
- Object position, movement and acceleration
- Collision detection
- Playing music and creating sound effects
- Artificial "game" intelligence
- Saving and loading games
- Game physics
- Printing screens to the printer
Note: Younger students (4th-5th grade) may need extra assistance with concepts such as negative numbers, simple Cartesian coordinates, and certain data abstractions.
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10)
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.