LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE
This product will no longer be available for purchase once the Semi-Annual Elective Sale ends. All KidCoder and TeenCoder Homeschool Programming products will be replaced by CompuScholar online subscription courses after Feb. 2nd.
The first-semester course in the KidCoder series. Your 4th—8th grade students will learn how to write graphical Windows programs using Visual Basic.
KidCoder: Windows Programming Demo
Topics Covered in Windows Programming
- Introduction to computer hardware, software and programming history
- Using the Microsoft Visual Basic Express development environment
- Managing numeric and text data
- Making decisions about program flow
- Obtaining and validating user input
- Working with numbers and math operations
- Working with strings (text)
- Learning how to debug (find errors in) your code
- Learning how to write loops to execute sections of code many times
- Working with arrays (sets of data)
- Publishing your programs to other computers
- Putting it all together — write a simple graphical game!
Note: Younger students (4th-5th grade) may need extra assistance with concepts such as negative numbers, simple Cartesian coordinates, and certain data abstractions.
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10)
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.