The first-semester Java course introduces your 9th-12th grade students to the Java programming language, a highly popular technology with many applications. Your students will learn to code in Java while creating graphical and console applications using object-oriented design concepts.
Topics Covered in Java Programming
- Introduction to the Java programming language
- Creating graphical applications
- Using dialog controls
- Java data types and variables
- User input and flow control
- Math functions and string operations
- Java debugging and exception handling
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Classes, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Collections, sorting, and recursion
Study for the "AP Computer Science A" exam!
This Java programming course may be used in a self-study program to prepare students for the AP Computer Science A exam! [AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of and does not endorse this product.]
- Windows 7 and up (including Windows 10) or Intel-based Mac OS 10.5.8 and above
- 1.6Ghz or faster CPU
- 1Gb of RAM
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
- A graphics card supporting DirectX-10 or later
- 3GB or more of free hard drive space
- DVD-ROM drive
Additional persistent Internet access is optional but highly recommended for this course and is required for TeenCoder: Android Programming.
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.