This book offers a unique blend of the imaginative and the familiar. An endearing character guide takes the reader through the book.
This book does not emphasize formal math definitions or terminology. Instead, math concepts are introduced gradually and naturally as the story unfolds. Through this combination of storytelling and entertaining activities, even reluctant learners can grasp mathematical principles.
Included in this workbook is practice in the following skills:
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication of one-and two-digit numbers
- Times tables and multiples
- Techniques for simplifying difficult equations
- Division and ratios
- Number sequences and patterns
- Strategies to help mental calculation skills
- Logic games and puzzles
Paired with the MathTacular DVD, this combination offers Math practice for both visual and hands-on learners.