Similar to the four seasons in our calendar, the liturgical calendar is also marked by seasons. Lent is a period of about 7 weeks culminating the day before Easter.
If you are not from a liturgical background, some of the ideas presented in our NEW Lenten Unit Study may be unfamiliar to you. Join us as we learn about the typical disciplines practiced during the Easter season and consider what new traditions you may wish to add to your family culture. Based around the book by Arnold Ytreeide—Amon's Adventure—this unit study combines scripture discussion, music, and hands-on lent projects and activities to foster a deeper spiritual awareness and joy in the Resurrection.
Our desire is that these 7 weeks bring renewal to your heart, your faith, and your life, as you are spiritually fed and nourished in your disciplines.
Much like our popular Advent Unit Study, this package is ideal for grades 2-8 (ages 7-13) but can be enjoyed by the entire family. This product is consumable, but you do not need one for each student, as this product is designed to do together as a family.
The package is not available without Amon's Adventure. If you already own the title, it could be a wonderful gift/donation for a friend or family member.
The study includes 48 days of lent lesson plans and material—enough to cover from Shrove Tuesday through the day before Easter.
This package includes a variety of Lent and Easter homeschool resources:
- Amon's Adventure by Arnold Ytreeide
- Daily schedule and notes for each day of Lent including suggested questions to encourage discussion within your family
- Recipes for family making and baking
- Regular craft projects with associated supplies
- Bonus craft ideas that complement the Easter season
- Curated list of Lenten literature and a Spotify Lenten Playlist
- Sonlight recipe cards for adding to your own recipe file
Our family has LOVED all of the the Arnold Ytreeide books. To have the Easter book paired with a Sonlight guide is icing on the cake!