- Consumable Item
- New Item
Bring history to life with a hands-on lap book your children will love — a collection of crafts and creative projects that fold down into a kind of portfolio, and unfold to show their detailed magnificence.
The World History I - Lap Book Kit is a hands-on activity to help reinforce and document your students' World History studies.
The photos on this page don't do justice to the exquisite detail and delightful projects you'll find in this lap book. The templates were drawn by the talented Amy Pak, who also drew the Timeline Figures in Sonlight programs. Using this kit, your students will cut, color, write, tape, and glue their way to a deeper understanding of events in World History.
This World History I lap book is full of activities related to early civilizations, wars, and many other topics covered in Sonlight's Level G History / Bible / Literature program. The kit includes instructions and materials for 30 projects, covering Ancient Egypt through the 1600s.
Sonlight World History I Lap Book materials include:
- A 50-page clear and detailed instruction booklet, with many full-color photos that illustrate each project
- Pre-made lap book folder
- A wide range of paper in different colors (white, yellow, tan, blue, green, red, orange) and weights (i.e. cardstock, regular printer paper, clear velum), according to the requirements of each project
- All the pre-printed materials necessary to complete the lap book
- Additional materials: double-sided tape, 2 glue sticks, 2 paper fasteners, ribbon, a piece of Velcro, 1 bottle of glue, glitter, a toothpick, a piece of corrugated cardboard
You supply the colored pencils, finely ground black pepper, needle or pushpin, tape, scissors, stapler, and staples.
Each of the 30 projects is scheduled as an optional activity in the current Sonlight Level G History / Bible / Literature Instructor's Guide. With the help of the included instruction booklet, you can effectively use the Lap Book Kit as a hands-on supplement for any World History program.
Each World History I activity takes roughly one to two hours to complete. Children ages: 11-14
- The Unification of Egypt
- Egyptian Mummies
- The Battle of Qadesh
- Chinese Proverbs
- Pyramid Facts
- Stories of Greek Immortals
- The Trojan Horse
- Athens & Sparta
- The Greco-Persian Wars
- The Peloponnesian War
- Romulus & Remus
- The Punic Wars
- The Great Wall of China
- Augustus and the Pax Romana
- The Founding of Constantinople
- Roman Architecture
- The Structure of the Classes in Medieval Europe
- Justinian's Code
- The Rise of Islam
- People Who Made an Impact in World History
- The Bayeux Tapestry
- From Page to Knight
- The Magna Carta
- The Black Death
- Gutenberg's Printing Press
- Ship's Log (Explorers)
- If Henry VIII Had a Wallet...
- Leonardo da Vinci
Consumable. Purchase one kit for each child completing a lap book.