Journey through all of American History!
Experience the dramatic story of American History, from before Columbus to modern times. This program offers a character and event-rich study that gives your children a broad overview of an influential and ever-changing nation. You'll learn about explorers, American Indians, the Founding Fathers, famous inventors, and ordinary people with extraordinary stories. As you read, you’ll gain a foundational understanding of a unique people, culture, and country.
- Experience the story of our nation from before Columbus to the present day.
- Enjoy fascinating books as you follow the lesson plan each day.
- Embrace the innovative spirit that has characterized American history.
- Meet early explorers, American Indians, founding heroes, famous inventors and ordinary citizens with extraordinary stories.
- Purchase this literature-based American history package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48), Forum access, a one-year guarantee and other perks.
Sonlight's complete Intro to American History program takes two full years. If you have the time to do all of Sonlight D and E, that's still our top recommendation. You'll enjoy many more favorite books, and you'll get a deeper, richer study of history.
But not everyone feels they can spend two years on American History. Some customers are new to Sonlight and want to move quickly to the older programs. Some customers from countries outside the U.S. prefer to study American History with Sonlight for a year, study their country's history for a year, and then return to Sonlight for the Eastern Hemisphere program. Some customers know they have only this last year to homeschool, but would like to finish a whole course of study.
If so, rather than do only the first half or the second half of American History, we recommend this one-year condensed program. Although, of course, we had to leave some things out, it's our best effort to slim down our two-year program to a single year.
Estimated daily time for Intro to American History, One-Year Condensed including your other subjects:
Student: 3.5-4.5 hrs | Parent: 2-3hrs
First time Sonlighting? Click here for a few required resources.