Saxon's Algebra 1/2 Homeschool Kit is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Set, and Cumulative Tests. This homeschool Algebra 1/2 program covers all topics normally taught in pre-algebra, as well as additional topics from geometry and discrete mathematics. It is recommended for seventh-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the eighth grade, or for eighth-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the ninth grade. The Saxon homeschool Algebra program represents the culmination of the study of pre-algebra mathematics.
In Algebra 1/2, students will learn:
- fractions and their arithmetic operations
- decimals and their arithmetic operations
- mixed numbers and their arithmetic operations
- signed numbers and their arithmetic operations
- translating from words to algebraic expressions
- order of operations
- place value
- unit conversions
- scientific notation
- data representation
- evaluation of algebraic expressions
- the simplification of algebraic expressions
- the solution of linear equations in one unknown
- word problems involving pre-algebraic concepts
- surface area
- classification of geometric figures and solids
- geometric constructions
Algebra 1/2 Homeschool Kit ContentsSaxon's secondary mathematics programs have been carefully planned and packaged. All you need to successfully teach each program is included in the homeschool kit. The Saxon Algebra 1/2 homeschool kit includes a textbook, an answer key for textbook problem sets, and tests with solutions/answers.
The Solutions Manual provides step-by-step solutions for each problem in the textbook problem sets. Solutions to test problems included with answer key.
Includes hardbound student text, and Pb answer key ( final answers only-no documentation or explanations). Test/solutions packet.
Find out more:
- An Overview of Sonlight's Math Programs
- Can't decide what's best for your children? Speak with a Sonlight Advisor.
Unopened DIVE CD can be upgraded to a digital format for free with proof of purchase on the Saxon website.
The items listed below are included in the selected package. Add additional items to your cart as desired.
Hardbound Student Text, pb answer key (with final answers only — no documentation or explanations), and test packet.
Dr. David Shormann's DIVE CD is your video tutor for Saxon Math!
Detailed solutions to the problems in Saxon Algebra 1/2.
Tools you'll find useful in all upper-level math programs. Includes the following all in a sturdy plastic storage case:
- Straight edge: 6" (15 cm) ruler
- Two triangles: 30/60/90 Triangle ruler and 45/90 Triangle ruler
- 180 Protractor
- Compass with universal holder
- 0.7 mm #2 Mechanical pencil
- 0.7 mm #2 HB lead refill
- Wood pencil
|Full‑Grade Package||History / Bible / Lit|
|Core Club benefits|
Click "Add" to save up to 20% by adding subjects like Math and Science to this program.
If you'd rather simply put this package in your cart, click "Continue."
Enter any questions or comments in the message field below and click "Submit". Your cart will then be sent to a Sonlight Curriculum Advisor for a free review. You will get a reply in 1 business day.Submit