- Author: Plourde and Hughes
- measurement (including a discussion of units of measure)
- energy, heat, and temperature
- matter (including discussions of atoms and molecules, elements, compounds, etc.)
- stoichiometry (ratios of substances in chemical reactions and equations)
- atomic and molecular structures; molecular geometry/li>
- acid/base chemistry; chemistry of solutions
- the unique characteristics of gases
- thermodynamics and kinetics
- chemical equilibrium
- and reduction/oxidation reactions
The authors recommend students to complete Algebra I prior to taking this course. Those students who have not completed Algebra I will need significant help to understand this material.
Text is accompanied by diagrams, charts, graphs, and illustrations. Price includes free curricular support from the author. Comes in two volumes.
View a sample lesson at the Apologia Science website. Comes in two volumes: a "student text" printed on quality, glossy paper, and a "solutions and tests" manual.
Main text is oversize hb.