Programming for Your KidCoder and TeenCoder!
Homeschool Programming's self-study computer science curriculum teaches your students how to write their very own computer programs and games.
The KidCoder Series of Visual Basic courses for 4th-8th grade is light-hearted and easy-to-learn, with plenty of detailed examples and guidance to keep your student on the right track. This series is geared for students just trying out computer programming to see if they like it.
The TeenCoder C# and Java Series for 9th-12th grade are for students looking for a more in-depth study of computer programming. These courses can be used for high school computer elective credit, enhancing transcripts, and preparing a college-bound student for a technical degree.
What makes the Homeschool Programming courses so great?
Each course is:
- Written by homeschool parents who are also experienced software engineers
- Engaging and age-appropriate with fun, hands-on programming activities
- A self-study curriculum that requires no teacher expertise
- Complete with textbook, course CD, activity solutions and test answers
- Offered with optional videos that coverage of all lesson topics
- Built for industry-standard languages widely used by schools and businesses
Also: You do not need any prior programming experience.
- Fast, free technical support for the lifetime of your course
- No extra software to purchase; all development tools are free
Your student will complete the course on your home computer at their own pace. Your student will learn programming from the ground up!
If you wish to monitor and grade your student's progress for credit purposes, you can use the chapter tests (with answer keys). You will also find plenty of advice and guidelines for evaluating your student's activities.
What Skills do Students Need to Begin?
Each course assumes your student is already familiar with a keyboard and mouse to generally interact with their operating system. Students should understand how to store and retrieve files and how to navigate folders on your computer. It is helpful to also have some familiarity with text editors and using web browsers to find information on the internet.
Which Course Comes First?
KidCoder courses are not pre-requisites for TeenCoder. Nor is the TeenCoder C# series a pre-requisite for TeenCoder Java or vice-versa. Simply start your student on the course track that best matches their grade level and interests.
Please Note: Software cannot be returned for a refund once package is opened.
You only need to purchase one copy for your immediate family. However, if you want to use Homeschool Programming with a group of unrelated children, a separate course must be purchased for each student.